Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

August 6 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 08-06-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

August 6 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

“Use a slogan,” someone suggests at a meeting. “Keep it in the forefront of your mind all the time, and don’t let your troubles crowd it out. Act on it!”

Take, for example, “Let Go and Let God.”

The more tightly I clutch my problems to my mind, the less opportunity I give God to help me work them out. The more tensely and desperately I try to solve them, the more the answers elude me.

I will let go and let God. If I can’t solve my difficulty, perhaps He will, if I can only let go and let Him.

TODAY’S REMINDER

Saying this small phrase over and over gives me such a sense of release and relaxation that nothing seems as difficult as before. The thought of just letting go seems to drop a heavy weight from my shoulders, and lets me breathe freely again. Why has it been so hard for me to let go? Is it because I feel that only I am capable of solving the big problems? I know that isn’t true, so I will just Let Go and Let God.

“God’s help is always available; all we have to do is to make room for Him to take part in our lives and keep ourselves ready to accept His guidance.”
Old 08-07-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Present

That's what I get for typing in the dark. This post was actually today's, so today's will be yesterday's. Interestingly, yesterday's talks about today being the only day you have. I think HP is wanting me to see the humor!