Please welcome Sadwife3 to SR!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please welcome Sadwife3 to SR!

"Hello, This is my first time on this site. I don't even know If I am on the right forum. I have been married to a addict for 13 yrs. We have 3 children. He went to a 3 month treatment 5 yrs ago. (almost to the day) A year ago I have been thinking he was messing up & using again. But he lies about everything! He would say know then he would be okay for a few months. Since June he has been on a downword slide. I knew that he was using. He spent all of our money & was way out of controle! I did soething I have never done before I told him I was not going to let him do this to me & the kids anymore. I told him he had to leave! That sent him on a 3 day high! I got a call from the Hospital that said he had overdosed & died & they brought him back! He is is a de tox program right now! I just dont know what to do & just needed some one to talk to & maybe gets some good advice from others that have been threw this. Thank You"
Old 08-05-2011, 02:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Sadwife to SR, I am so sorry for what brings you here to us. Know tat you are among people who have been or are going throgh the same thing you are. you will find lots of support and understanding here. As painful as what you are going through is you need to think about yourself and your babies first. Your husband it sounds like has relapsed. Kicking him out was hard I am sure but it is what is best for you and the kids. If he is in detox now thats great, but he probably needs to be in a prgram that does residential after detox if he isn't. Please know that his OD was not your fault, you didn't cause it and there was nothing you could do to prevent it.

I'm sure there will be others along soon with more wisdom then I have to greet you as well.

Please take care of you first
Old 08-05-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Sadwife.....

you are not alone and I'm glad that you have found us. I'm so sorry for your circumstances but it sounds like you are growing and getting stronger. Realizing that you have choices is a big step. There are a number of things that you can do to jump in and really get a lot of help for yourself...read the sticky's at the top of our forum, start posting, read a lot of posts, go to at least 6 face to face Alanon or Naranon meetings, read Co-dependent No More by Melody Beattie. The more you learn about how the disease of addiction affects loved ones the better off you and your family will be. And truly, the only way that you can every help your addict is to help yourself.

Keep us posted on how you are doing!....