Notices

It gets better

Old 08-04-2011, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up It gets better

short post. On day 44, 45 tomorrow.

If you're reading this and unsure if you can stop drinking, you can! It gets better!

The first week was HARD! The second and third week were DIFFICULT! I was so bored, had nothing to occupy my time (that I normally spent drinking). I had a hard time handling my stress, I was ready to fly off the handle at a moments notice.

And then, it got better!

I don't think about drinking like before. The liquor store doesn't beckon me. Instead of drinking the night away, I read, or sleep. I've lost 13 pounds in 45 days. My skin looks awesome (no more red face). I am able to focus at work, focus in martial arts, and my son and I have the best relationship we've ever had.

Whenever I think about drinking, I rememeber what positive things have come from my sobriety, and it seems like a no brainer. Drinking took so many things from me, and sobriety gave me so many more things than I ever imagined.

You can do it! It gets better! Good luck!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Recovery

The synchronicity between boredom and drinking is fascinating. Boredom makes me want to drink, while drinking is boring... as of late. I used to get a lot of energy when I'd start cracking beers, now it makes me want to sleep. I hate the taste, I haven't had hard liquor for months. It just seems like it's a shift from feeling one way to another. Like I used to smoke for the buzz. Now it just stinks. There is a happy medium. It might take me another 5 years to find it, or maybe I will see it in the morning.

Where is my beautiful diva, Sobriety??
Old 08-04-2011, 09:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We forget that booze is a toxin... it makes us look and feel terrible. Glad things are looking up for you.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Oh, and congrats on almost 45 days. That's awesome!