Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

August 2 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 08-02-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

August 2 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

The Al-Anon slogans are little pieces of advice. If we were entirely capable of putting them all into practice, we’d be pretty close to perfection as spiritual human beings.

Take this one, for instance: Live and Let Live. A whole philosophy of life is condensed into these four words. First, we are admonished to live: life fully, richly, happily, and to fulfill our destiny with the joy that comes from doing well, whatever we do. Then comes a more difficult admonition: Let Live. This means acknowledging the right of every other human being to live as he wants to, without criticism or judgment from us. It rules out contempt for those who do not think as we do. It warns against resentment; tells us to avoid construing other people’s actions as intentional injuries to us.

TODAY’S REMINDER

The more I think about living, and letting others life, the more I will learn from it. I will try to make it my yardstick in everything I do, and especially in relating to the people in my life.

“When my thoughts are centered on learning to live, I will be less tempted to involve my mind with the thoughts of how others live.”
Old 08-02-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Meredith, I relate to this a lot...I also found it co-incidental, but not, as there are no accidents in life, that our threads are titled almost the same and were written/posted at the same time too...and that today's message from ODAT sums up what I was trying to say in my thread...there must be something in that! Thankyou for your post. I'll be meditating on that...
Old 08-02-2023, 04:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Walking away from rehab

I brought my husband to rehab this morning. We drove 6 hours only to babble him walk out! I guess this is his decision. I feel like the martyr today and need to put away the stinking thinking. I don't know what I'll do tomorrow and how I'll cope,I'll wait for that day to come and do my best for today
Old 08-02-2023, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Louiseplease View Post
I brought my husband to rehab this morning. We drove 6 hours only to babble him walk out! I guess this is his decision. I feel like the martyr today and need to put away the stinking thinking. I don't know what I'll do tomorrow and how I'll cope,I'll wait for that day to come and do my best for today
Hi Louise, so sorry to hear that but welcome.

This thread is several years old, but the message is still important!

I hope maybe you will consider starting a new thread so we can give you support.