Notices

When I woke this morning

Old 07-31-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When I woke this morning

The very first thing I thought about was the commitment I made to myself yesterday. Which was to chant and then do my yoga routine. What I wanted to do was make coffee!

The very first thing I did not think about was what day of sobriety I'm on or my commitment to stay sober.

I chanted, did my yoga then drank tea instead of coffee. Letting go of coffee is going to be a struggle. Today is my day 1 of no coffee. I feel sad but I want to be done with it. Sometimes I drink too much coffee and get anxiety and terrible headaches. Coffee breath is gross. Talking a crazy mile a minute is not always good for conversation. Feeling like I want to kill anyone who gets in the way of my first cup is not a healthy daily feeling. Im so glad I quit smoking 6 years ago. I can't imagine trying to tackle that again.

Mostly, I just wanted to share that I'm not sure which day I'm on and that I'm not feeling obsessed about drinking and fighting the urge to drink. The benefits of sobriety have taken over!

Today I thank my will-power, yoga, my family and my SR family:ghug3
Old 07-31-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Congrats! I gave up coffee when drinkig, and started back 2 years ago while working (nightly drinking, needed to wake up) but the coffee at the aa mtgs has been messing with me, too lately. Only 1 today...

Watching The Razor's Edge & she's struggling not drinking...
Old 07-31-2011, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like the benefits of recovery are taking over. Like you I'm off booze, coffee, cigarettes, as well as misc. "recreational" drugs, junk food and I'm sure some other stuff. Wonder what will happen if I run out of vices? Well, there's always my ever chattering monkey mind to contend with. I think I'll always be pretty busy on the wellness road. Best to you on whatever day recovery it is.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice post, Symmetry. Inspiring

And I'm thinking of ditching my sometimes 1 - 2 cups of coffee a day for herbal teas.