Notices

Up n down and back again.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Up n down and back again.

I am a 22 year old man who is addicted to smoking marijuana. I am finding that it in negatively iinfluencing my life. I do not seem to be able to stop myself from smoking. In the past 3 months the longest I have not smoked for is about 1 week. I also binge drink to the point where I pass out.
This is my second relapse. I suffer symtoms of social anxiety and depression. These occur when I am high and also when I have not smoked.
This post is an effort to get help.
I feel as though I am dieing. I think suicidal thoughts. I was previously in a relationship which lasted 5 years. I think about my ex all the time, and dwell on a regretful past.
I have previously been to my GP and discussed these problems in the past. This did result in a period of soberness, and what I can only descirbe as: pure bliss.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi FaiLin
Welcome to SR

I had much the same problems - I started as a pot smoker, sometime drinker and then when I gave pot up, I turned to drinking more heavily.

The support and ideas I got here helped me a lot

I think that depression and anxiety can be hard to deal with on our own though, particularly if you feel suicidal...have you been back to the Dr recently?

D
Old 07-30-2011, 10:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The last time i saw the doc was about 3 months ago. I was feeling great and it was basically and chance for me to say thank you to him. Going back there is something i know i should do, but dont want to. I feel like he taught me enough that i need to know to deal with anxiety and depression. I know things will be fine if i stopped doing these things. But i somehow cant control that aspect of my life.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

That Bliss may be there for the taking
Old 07-31-2011, 02:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hiya Fai, how wonderful you have recognized you problems at such a young age, well not wonderful per se, but you have a great opportunity to turn your life around and the growth and experience of recovery will be bliss as well. Don't worry too much please, we all have feelings of depression, and things do get better with age, you will see, the problems you have now will seem different to you later, just hang in there and learn from your pain, we are here for you
Take care of yourself,
<3 Stacy
Old 07-31-2011, 07:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Very positive comments. Tomorrow im goin to begin my on my path to soberness. Ive tried many times before. But i cant sink any lower. I really hope i can get through at least a week.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

you can do it! I have 75 days alcohol & weed free! 25+ years mostly using...

I'm on SR cause I can't do this alone.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know i can too sugarbear. This is day one for me. Fiirst of the month and a chance to make a change. Im goiin to throw away the last of my weed and go cold turkey. I will definetly be looking for support on here. Its gonna be hard.