Notices

New to Eden

Old 07-30-2011, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to Eden

Hello there. I have been in and out of NA since I was 15. Yesterday I finally got completely honest, open, and willing and today is my first day clean in a long time. I have told my immediate husband and my children that I need their help and I have a sponsor that lives far away, but we are in close contact and she knows what is going on. I am married with two kids and my family travels a lot for work. We are new to the Eden area and plan on being here for about a year.

I have been getting high on cough syrup and I used to abuse prescription meds for about three years and it was a total secret that no one knew about or noticed. I finally surrendered last night and told my sponsor and my husband what was going on. They knew something was wrong but had absolutely no idea was going on. My husband and I have been married for 13 years and we are in our early thirties and have two little girls that are 9 and 5.

We have rented a house here and I need to enroll my kids in school and get to a meeting. I would appreciate and help that anyone would be willing to give as far as telling me what is going on in the community so I can get settled.

Thank you for being here. I'm really gonna need you guys. If you ask me, I can give you my cell number.

Mrs. Sara
Old 07-30-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Hi!
NA in Greensboro 24 hour helpline 1-866-375-1272

AA meeting at
Morehead Memorial Hospital
117 East Kings Highway
8 pm Wednesday in the cafeteria

Best wishes! I'm happy to live where there are many meetings-daily, both AA & NA. Online meetings & speakers available, too!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR MsSara
I hope sugarbears info helps - and I hope you find a good meeting

D