July 27 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 07-27-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

July 27 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

July 27 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

What if there was no such problem as alcoholism in the world? Would all marriages, and all other human relationships, be therefore perfect? Of course not! Then it should be easy to realize that sobriety cannot bring release from all of our problems.

True, alcoholism can wreck marriages that might otherwise have had a good chance of success. But it is also true that the basic adjustments to each other must somehow be made.

Al-Anon’s prime purpose is to help us deal with the problems that alcoholism has AGGRAVATED. But just as important is its usefulness in helping us to adjust to our partners – and to other people.

TODAY’S REMINDER

If I really want to learn how to fit easily and happily into my environment and my relations with other people, Al-Anon has something for me. Once I have met the problem of alcoholism which introduced me to the program, I expect to go on using it for the rest of my life.

“We, all of us, need some kind of a philosophy to live by,” commented an AA speaker, “so I’ll just settle for the Twelve Steps.”