Thank You for the 2:30 am drunk dial

Old 07-27-2011, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank You for the 2:30 am drunk dial

Thank You for the 2:30 am. phone call. How very nice of you to think of me at that time. Sorry to say, I did not quite understand everything you said. As usual it sounded like you had a mouthful of marbles. (he left message on my answering machine)

So now you are developing psychic powers. You "just know" that I am out with that SOB.

You actually called just to bad mouth me and call me nasty names? What's the matter, did you miss last call at the pub, and now you are coming down faster than you can pass out?

Thanks for reminding me that I am crazy, and the internet is hijacking my mind.

You want to know what happened to the fun loving person you used to know? I would like to know the answer to that question also.

Everthing would be fine if I would quit being so uppity, and high maintenance. Wanting to be with someone sober is uppity? (oh dear i am uppity)

Ok, thanks for letting vent. I so would like to pick up the phone today and catch him while he is still sober and just ask him, what part of I can no longer accommodate your addiction, do you not understand? I shall remain in my no contact state, and hopefully get a little afternoon siesta.

His words do not hurt me, but what he is allowing the disease to do, is more than I can truly accept.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Old 07-27-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Programmaddict

Originally Posted by marie1960 View Post
His words do not hurt me, but what he is allowing the disease to do, is more than I can truly accept.
Sounds like you are 90% there, though. I can tell your head knows you have no power over what he allows to happen. It takes a bit for the message to get fully communicated to the heart, though. Acceptance is just a pretty word for letting go.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The hardest part of no contact is erasing the messages BEFORE I listen to them. That's the only way to keep him and his disease from taking up space in my head. If I listen to what he has to say, it will bother me for days, and potentially convince me to contact him again, just to "help him understand".
Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I like that one! I want to be UPPITY TOO!! A nice sober man to spend time with equals UPPITY in the A's mind. Very intersting......

Old 07-27-2011, 01:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm uppity too. I had to listen just to see how crazy it was. In his mind I was having an affair because I went to bed at 9 pm. I went to bed 'cause I was tired. I was a teacher and I was tired.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have to turn the volume off on my phone at night (I got rid of my land line) lest I be tortured with calls like that multiple times a night, every night!!

However I, too, am guilty of occasionally listening to a voicemail. I can be SO strong and erase, erase, erase without listening but then for no reason decide to listen to one of his messages! It's always a bad idea. The codie in me comes out full-blast and I end up returning the call or answering the next time he calls.

Argggghhhh!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Great vent.

I agree, though, the next step is deleting without listening.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What Kitty said...

...bless you but no contact means no contact, and that includes any and all forms of communication.

Having listened to the message I think you handled it well, and I really enjoyed reading your post.

Next time, please consider deleting the message without listening to it.

Good luck!

Cyranoak

P.s. In the early 70s my feminist single mother had a T-Shirt that said, "Uppity Women Unite!" (Exclamation point was on theirs, not mine). She wore it all the time. I loved, and still love, my uppity mother very much. And I married an uppity woman and have an uppity daughter.

Rock on Uppity Women!

Originally Posted by kittykitty View Post
The hardest part of no contact is erasing the messages BEFORE I listen to them. That's the only way to keep him and his disease from taking up space in my head. If I listen to what he has to say, it will bother me for days, and potentially convince me to contact him again, just to "help him understand".
Old 07-27-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support. It was another of my multi tasking mistakes: thinking I could run to the loo and listen to my messages at the same time. Seems I was committed, or perhaps will be, before I get this life altering experience out of my mind........
Old 07-27-2011, 05:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

An amazing response - well said. Love the sarcasm and humor in your professed gratitude for his late call.

As I recall, after many years of being on the receiving end of relentless blame and accusations as to why our relationship was chaotic and troubled ... it is evident that I must have been was inflicted with many of the same issues you were just accused of - what a coincidence!

It sounds like you are on the right path to a happier, healthier life.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

"Thanks for reminding me that I am crazy, and the internet is hijacking my mind."

LOL - don't you just love the things they come up with???
Old 07-27-2011, 07:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lulz, the internet is hijacking my mind... Thanks for sharing this, it gives all of us another reminder to stay sober!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

SR- hijacking my mind on a regular basis and I love every second of it!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Well, sure, just like AA and Al-Anon are cults out to brainwash us.

My own brain NEEDED a good scrubbing.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Well, sure, just like AA and Al-Anon are cults out to brainwash us.
Yup... and all that *brainwashing literature* that I read... that my AH thinks I'm reading because I'm trying to figure out how to get him sober!! HA! I'm just trying to figure out how to get my damn head back on straight!! That's enough work to keep me busy... oh, for the rest of my life!!

Marie - thanks for sharing!!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow, that means I've joined a cult!?

Cool, how long do I have to belong before I get to really secret stuff? Will I get a special robe. I do hope so. I have so longed to belong to a cult with secret stuff and a special robe.

Thank you HP! And thank you SR for guiding me to my own special cult. I feel so happy!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Wow. Glad I read this. So many times I've drunk-dialed girls. I'm the worst for it! Keep a phone and computer out of reach from me when I'm drunk! It's a TERRIBLE combination!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Wow.....second conspiracy theory I've heard of this week! :rotfxko
Old 07-28-2011, 01:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

"Wow. Glad I read this. So many times I've drunk-dialed girls. I'm the worst for it! Keep a phone and computer out of reach from me when I'm drunk! It's a TERRIBLE combination!"

Oh, Squizz, thanks for confessing this. I would say that was almost my worst crime when I was drunk - making stupid phone calls. Certainly it had the affect of alienating people from me completely, including at one stage an AA sponsor. Because I was in blackout when I made some of those calls, I didn't even remember that I made them so I didn't realise how crazy they were.