Notices

tough night

Old 07-26-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tough night

i am feeling very restless and anxious. This is where i would get high and space out, and not have to think. I feel pretty good lately. Thinking of it less and less, but tonight i went in my room for something and i could smell it. Of course it was nothing but a ghost but it shows me i am not over it yet. I'm not beating myself up but i just wish my mind would let it go. I am learning how to live straight and honestly sometimes it sucks!! I feel the urge to be altered =(
Old 07-26-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear you, I often feel restless and anxious, my shrink even gave it an expensive name. And I know ghosts and they just don't go boo in the night. Addiction isn't something we get over overnight, it hangs around for a long time like a stray cat we've fed for years. It may suck sometimes (but not all the time?) but you are learning how to live straight and honestly--what more is there. Keep going forward, its only restlessness, anxiety and ghosts, they can be painful but they can't hurt you.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's normal to find it hard to deal with emotions in early recovery. I think that we need to learn to deal with life without using alcohol. If you're feeling restless and anxious, maybe you could listen to some music, call a friend, go for a walk, do something that helps to calm you. Hang in there!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Mycool, you are so right about the ghost. I guess i was doing so good that it caught me offguard today. I know there will be days like this, i'm hoping less days than more ;-) This site helps, and i tell myself to come here when i am feeling weak. For me its going to take a few steps to relapse, and i'm thankful for that. On a good note, no bad dreams for a few nights =)
Old 07-26-2011, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna, i am pulling out an old meditation CD. It does help me relax and feel calmer. Its just hard to get out of my own head sometimes =\
Old 07-26-2011, 05:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The mileage on my exercise machine is evident that even after five years I still struggle. Meetings and exercise are how I cope. Some days are better than others.

You're not alone.