Question about drug dealers???

Old 07-24-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question about drug dealers???

My XABF had injuries two weeks ago and ended up at the hospital. When I saw him, he had a HUGE bump on his right eye, almost closed shut, and that side of his glasses was cracked. He was also limping and told me he had a groin pull, swinging his left leg out and he couldn't walk. The things I know he was into were alcohol, pot, oxy, and xanax; God knows what else. He said he tried to jump a fence and was drunk. My son-in-law, who used to be hooked on prescription drugs, said, "Come on, you believe that, Mom? Sounds like he didn't pay his drug bill and someone took care of him." I know he is always cash strapped. Since I am completely clueless about addictions and he hid this from me until I figured it out, can you please explain this to me (sorry but I am unfamiliar with this lifestyle)..is this what happens when you don't pay your dealer? Or does this sound like an accident? Your comments are appreciated!
Old 07-24-2011, 07:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

He is an addict, addicts lie....it is part of the disease.

Since you refer to him as your ex, what difference does it make?

If you want a better understanding of addiction, read around this forum.

You sound like a real nice lady, do yourself a favor, let him go and move forward with your life.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I do know that debt collection sometimes takes the form of violence as a repayment incentive, but thank the Lord I never let myself get into credit.

I certainly had a *lot* of genuine injuries in my time due to my drinking and drugging tho...I guess in the end it's up to you which you think is more likely.

I'd be glad he's your XABF in any case.

D
Old 07-25-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He's your X. Is there a reason why you choose continue to focus on him?
Old 07-25-2011, 03:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

IME, thats kinds light for a repay threat...but you never know, maybe he was running from someone and fell over a fence?
My ex was "all drug induced accidents" hit by car, run over, flipped off bike breaking collarbone, only to redo same thing 23 weeks later arm still in sling, cut on barb wire, fought with beer bottles, after bar brawls, ect the list could go on.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We have only officially ended it two weeks ago, and it is still so fresh. We were together 9 months, talking many times a day. I realize this was a bad relationship and I am actively in AlAnon, but I do still care if he was beat up or not, I can't deny that. I had no idea of the substance abuse, and I am clueless as to addictive behavior. He hid everything from me very well.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks, anvilhead..you are so right. It shouldn't make any difference, but sometimes I need you guys to give me the advice I can so readily give to other people, but don't apply to myself