Notices

Too damn early

Old 07-24-2011, 04:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Too damn early

The last 3 days in a row I have been getting up at 3:30 am. I haven't found a job yet so I don't actually have to get up. I find that I am anxious and excited to get my day started. I wake up and have my coffee smoke and prayer. Then I plan my day with where and when I am going to go to my AA meeting for the day. I have this big productive day planned for myself. By 7am, I am laying on the couch falling asleep. LOL. It is day 12 today. I quit for 60 days but relapsed. This time is different. My cravings are worse but my resolve is much stronger. I truly feel I am going to be sober for the rest of my life. I pray anyway.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats to you! I'm several months in and I wake up at 6am or so everyday. Much earlier than when I was drinking.

It's amazing how productive we become when we stop. The boredom many people complain about, I see as our minds actually thinking! Dealing with a recovering mind instead of trying to kill it with alcohol is a chellenge and the great gift.

I've found it very helpful to learn and practice difficult things that I enjoy during my roughest craving times. Turning that boredom into productivity, flow and recovery.

Good on you. And a mid-morning nap is one of our great rewards! Don't guilt it!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaleMale View Post
Congrats to you! I'm several months in and I wake up at 6am or so everyday. Much earlier than when I was drinking.

It's amazing how productive we become when we stop. The boredom many people complain about, I see as our minds actually thinking! Dealing with a recovering mind instead of trying to kill it with alcohol is a chellenge and the great gift.

I've found it very helpful to learn and practice difficult things that I enjoy during my roughest craving times. Turning that boredom into productivity, flow and recovery.

Guilt only for the last 5 years. Nice to wake up with no guilt or shame because I said and did something stupid. Very awesome indeed. Great job on your several months.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have to agree with PaleMale, our minds are more active, boredom to some is extra time for others... including myself.

For a while I was waking up very early, 3 and 4 am but like you i would fall back asleep in a few hours but i would get up anyway because otherwise id just lay in bed with an active mind not going back to sleep.

Its leveled out to where now im getting up about 5:30 am, feels great, I know you can do this if you just get ready for the fight, bad days will come and they will pass.

Just enjoy life,

Congrats on your 12 days!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaleMale View Post

Thank you! It's not boredom, it's a recovering mind. I love that.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Every day sober is a good day no matter what time in the morning it starts. I think the sleep will begin to regulate itself with time. Finding a job will help structure and regulate your day which should help with the urges. I think all living beings have a built in self-righting mechanism which kicks in when not clouded by alcohol or other drugs.