Notices

Not sure what to do:/

Old 07-22-2011, 03:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not sure what to do:/

I will try to make this short. So I have been back and forth with my drinking for the past two weeks. I am back on track right now. Here is the predicament I live in a large city. I currently live in my mothers rental next door to my brother and his family. I start treatment in a week that requires me to attend three times a week for six months. This center is about thirty minutes away. I really want to move closer because of the distance and because the grief center my children and I attend is near the treatment center as well. The church that I started attending is also near this same area.
My brother really likes me close by. I had been away 16 years and recently moved back home when my husband passed away.I feel terrible that I would be moving because it's my mothers rental and my brother is happy with me close by.
On the other hand I feel it is better that I move. I really want to stick with my treatment and grief help. I am afraid the distance will be a hinderance if I don't relocate.
Am I being unreasonable? How do I make them understand. My mother is very controlling by the way. Church and relationships I have built have helped
tremendously. Along with treatment I feel I will be able to start to heal. I don't know why I am fearful to just move but I am. Weird!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Someone once said "Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth". Your welfare is not irrational. As far as your mother being controlling, it takes a partnership to make that work. I hope you decide what is truely in your best interest and take whatever action is necessary.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If it were me, I'd do what was best for me and my family. It's unfortunate that it will affect your brother badly but it really can't be helped. Living closer to both places makes sense to me, especially with the price of gasoline. I'd make the move, mother or no, and let them react to it as they choose to do.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Originally Posted by least View Post
If it were me, I'd do what was best for me and my family. It's unfortunate that it will affect your brother badly but it really can't be helped. Living closer to both places makes sense to me, especially with the price of gasoline. I'd make the move, mother or no, and let them react to it as they choose to do.

agree!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know it's best I just have this fear for some reason. I know I shouldn't feel that way. Not having a drink also makes it worst. I now see that I used alchohol for a lot of reasons. Learning to deal with fear ect... is hard when you can't drink.