Notices

'Juice'.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

'Juice'.

Hello everyone,

I had to attend a charity event yesterday evening at a local shop. There was a table split into two with glasses of champagne on one side and OJ on the other. I was thirsty so grabbed some juice (inwardly delighted with self for not even considering the booze or wanting any), glugged it back and realised that it was Bucks fizz. Of course, I should have checked first.

Went home straight away as instantly my head was filled with 'well, you've had one now and it wasn't even deliberate - free ticket!' type thoughts.

It is more irritating than anything and certainly isn't going to derail me, but for goodness sake!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm surprised they did that - but yeah - it pays to be careful.
It was an accident - don't let the mind games run wild

D
Old 07-22-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It wasn't your fault. Just forget about it, and stay the course of sobriety.
Could have happened to anyone.

Best to you.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You obviously choose what you thought was non alcoholic option. IMO it wasn't a slip of any kind. Plus you didn't continue....so next time ...geez IDK ask first? I wouldn't have expected it either sober. Keep up the good work!

Best Wishes To You!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's a great post.

It reminded me that in one of my AA groups there is a guy with 14 years sobriety and he made it imperative that we always check our drinks prior to drinking them and never leave them alone when in any type of social setting where alcohol is present. He's had people spike his drinks several times thinking it would be funny.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by StPeteGrad View Post
It reminded me that in one of my AA groups there is a guy with 14 years sobriety and he made it imperative that we always check our drinks prior to drinking them and never leave them alone when in any type of social setting where alcohol is present. He's had people spike his drinks several times thinking it would be funny.
That's just... wrong.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StPeteGrad View Post
That's a great post.

That's appalling.

-SD
Old 07-22-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

a friend of mine brought me chocolate and I just starting eating it. It was mozartkugeln, half way trough I discovered they had 0.4% alcohol in them. I spit them out. It is definitely not funny. I threw them out. But at the time my mind was they are yummi, I shoud just eat them, now its too late anyway and keep eating them