Notices

Bad day

Old 07-21-2011, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad day

Hi everyone,

I am on day 41 and am really having such a down day.

I went to aftercare at the treatment centre I was at last night and there's been so much relapse. One woman I was in with relapsed on the day she left treatment. I've spoken to her on the phone, she was really drunk and shouting and swearing at her poor daugher - her daughter asked me to help her Mum I turned it over to the treatment centre - which I know if the right thing to do but hearing her daughter so upset has really affected me

I feel so bloody alone today. My husband thinks that all the hard work was done when I was in treatment, he doesn't realise that the hard work is only just starting, my mood goes from being really positive to really low (like today)

I'm going back to work on Monday and I'm not sure how I'm going to cope as I am still so bloody tired

I do have a sponsor now but she had friends over from France at the moment so I don't want to bother her. I'm off to a meeting later but until then, I just don't know what to do with myself
Old 07-21-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your sponsor is there to help you, do not feel bad about needing to contact her! Call her and tell her this. She can take a few minutes from her friends - who knows, maybe they are taking a nap now or something.

I know it's hard - but we are here to listen and so is your sponsor.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you

Right now, I just want to be back in the safety of the treatment centre, where I had someone to talk to that understood why I was feeling ****!!

This life on lifes terms sucks

Maybe I'll lay down and read the big book for a while
Old 07-21-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can certainly understand the safety of the treatment center. When I first got out I had the phone numbers for a bunch of the friends I made there and we still call each other weekly to monthly (from all over the country).

I slowly branched out to meet new people in AA and included them on my phone list too. I get calls all hours of the day and we text each other all the time just wishing good thoughts and support.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sometimes when we lose our umbrellas, we have to learn to dance in the rain.

One of the things that many who are new to recovery, and myself included for many months, fail to realize is just how big of a new chance at life we've been granted, if we so choose to receive it. Making the best of our lives has always been a choice available to us, but alcohol, drugs, gambling, you name the addiction, tend to distort our reality to the point that we see mainly the dark side or gray side of life, while seemingly incapable of seeing the richness life has to offer. Fear of change, fear of the unknown, fear of our own potential, and countless other fears scare us back to the so-called safety of our experience, which prevents us from venturing forth into new experiences by which we may enrich our lives and the lives of those around us. We've been grounded in the mud for so long we have no idea how to rise up and learn to soar among the treetops.

The good news is that you're on a new path today, one with all the promise you can handle, and you may surprise yourself if you embrace this gift and stride forward with confidence and commitment to live the best life you can. The tools you gain at rehab are meant to be employed upon your exit, so now's your chance to put those tools to the test. If you run into difficulty trying to use these new tools, make a few calls, ask someone to help you learn how to apply the knowledge you've gained. You may be pleasantly surprised to discover you've learned more than you think.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better now ttbp?

D
Old 07-21-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

go easy on yourself, one day at a time .. hugs, k
Old 07-21-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone

I feel much better. I shared at the meeting this evening and I'm starting to work the steps next week with my sponsor

I really appreciate your support
Old 07-21-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StPeteGrad View Post
I can certainly understand the safety of the treatment center. When I first got out I had the phone numbers for a bunch of the friends I made there and we still call each other weekly to monthly (from all over the country).

I have numbers but as I said, there are quite a lot of relapses, which I am finding difficult.

I slowly branched out to meet new people in AA and included them on my phone list too. I get calls all hours of the day and we text each other all the time just wishing good thoughts and support.
I am working on this at the moment but I've only been in AA in this area for a couple of weeks. I do now have a sponsor though.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FNW
seeking acceptance

Great job working through those emotions!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes, I agree, you did great! You felt down and isolated, but you posted on here, acknowledged why you felt bad and then got through it!!! Huge!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks again everyone. Well another day is here now, the sun is shining and I don't have a hangover because I didn't drink on those emotions, something I had been doing for the past 13-14 years

What a difference a day makes - I guess that's why they say, keep it in the day xx