Notices

New here!!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question New here!!

hey guys well first of all sorry for the bad english im french. anyway im a 16 years old addict and ive recently ran across this site and tought the people on the forums could help me a little. I have many issues i smoke pot and been smoking it for about a year now and taken many other drugs as well.. also drink alcohol every weekend and sometimes during the week if i can.im now getting in trouble with alcohol. my mom and alot of my family are alcoholics so this scares me and alcohol is always on my mind now I just love the feeling it gives me and it removes all my anxiety and depression.anyway I smoke cigs too and been smoking them on and off since i was 11 but the last 2 years every day. lol i guess im in trouble and im only 16 and it scares the sh*t out of me. im lost i dont know what to do anymore, im so depressed about life. I had a pretty messed up childhood , my dad died when i was 9,ive been to alot of foster homes (wtv you call that im not shure) because of my moms alcoholism,from the age of 4 to 12 i moved from place to place so i just couldnt ajust, anyway my mom has been sober for 4 years now but before that she had a couple of sober months and then a couple drinking months. i hated her when she was drinking. my dad also smoked pot and was bipolar. a drunk driver killed him, i also was in an accident when i was 5 with my mother when she was drinking and driving.. and i dont even think she lost her liscense permit! she still continued to drink a drive after that when she was drinking and never got caught, well anyway my mom now knows that i smoke pot and shes okay with that because she now thinks i only smoke it occasionaly but i smoke about 4-5g a day. i really have to quit its killing my motivation and i dont seem to see what lifes about anymore like theres nothing fun anymore now expect smoking pot and taking drugs. i just cant seem to get over my dads death and all the bad things that happened and all that i went true when i was young so i just take drugs to forget. i also have pretty bad social anxiety so i drink to be less shy thats the only way i can talk to people and not give a sh*t what they think about me. anyway every time i try to quit pot i get so angry and depressed so i always go back to it. well i dont really know what to say. im very lost what should i do because i cant take life anymore
Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome MT

I'm not Canadian, but I hope some folks might be able to point you in the way of resources.

Do you have a school counsellor, a Doctor, or even a teacher you might feel ok with talking to?

It might be a good first step?

D
Old 07-20-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do have a family doctor but im pretty shure he would say to my mom i should go to a detox ? i dont wanna go there. and i dont really want to talk about it to the school system because i dont want to be taken away from my mother again.. the **** thats going on here with us would be enough for me to never be able to see my mother until im 19
Old 07-20-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mika there are worse things that could happen to you as a 16 year old than to have to go to a detox. The people there would have the resources to put you in a position to manage your addiction and give you the tools to work through your problems or at very least point you in the right direction of the appropriate channels. Good luck to you kid, it takes a lot of courage to reach out for help like you are doing.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand your feelings Mika, but I agree with Al - there are worse things that could happen.

You never know, detox might not be the only option - it may not be an option at all - but probably the only real way to find out your options is to reach out and ask for help.

D
Old 07-20-2011, 10:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

The important thing is that you are recognizing and admitting the problem. That's a big, big thing. Have you been to any psychologists or psychiatrists before? It's really hard to stop an addiction without help and you have others issues that are going to take time to heal from.

Do you have a good relationship with your mother now? Why not be honest with her and tell her just what you've told us? It's scary, but if anyone knows what you've been through and knows about recovery, she should.

With your insight and some help, you can do this. Please talk to your mom or someone who can help. (Your English is great, by the way!):ghug3

p.s. being 16 is tough.... I don't know anyone who DIDN'T have social anxiety at that age........
Old 07-20-2011, 10:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't know anyone who DIDN'T have social anxiety at that age
I also don't know anyone who was smart enough to sober up at that age. I sure wish I had started dealing with these issues at your age.

Welcome to SR. You'll find a lot of support here.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi there,

My daughter's ex boyfriend is currently in rehab as we speak. He's 16, same as you. He was smoking a lot of pot every day (sneaking out from class to smoke in the school grounds at least 6 times during the school day), plus he was drinking alcohol, too.

My daughter told me this a few days ago. At first, I was shocked - rehab at 16???? But after some time to think about it, I thought...that kid is very, very sensible. To make that choice to change his life, right now, is the best thing he could ever do for himself. You really have a lot of family history that is making your addiction very easy to take you into using drugs and alcohol for many, many years.

Do what this kid has, and talk to a doctor. That doctor legally can't tell your mom anything that you say to them...but their perspective will be very helpful to you. I think deep down, your mom knows you are in trouble with this. Do you ever speak about it?

I beg you, think about it. Don't leave it until you are my age (38). So much damage can be done between your age and mine.

Great English, by the way
Old 07-21-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks for the input guys. i really wish im gonna get out of this mess because i dont want to ruin my life im only 16! think im gonna go for the doctor first and then try to tell my mom but i really dont know how to explain all that to her she would be very dissapointed she says to me all the time you changed thats not my child because i get very angry when im out of pot even agressive sometimes!
Old 07-21-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

what kind of withdrawls could i have if i ever quit every thing cold turkey ?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Noone can predict what withdrawals you'll have Mika - none of us are doctors and none of us know your drug usage pattern or know your clinical history.

Generally tho, I wouldn't recommend going cold turkey from alcohol without seeing a Dr, and certainly not when going cold turkey from other things too, even pot.

D