Blown Away.......

Old 07-20-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blown Away.......

I receive a daily meditation from something called "The Universe". The message from today said the following.....

"It's kind of strange, Donna, but first you have to know what you want, defined in terms of the end result. And then you have to physically move towards it, without defining the hows.

At which point, the thing you want actually starts coming to you, on its own terms, from a direction completely unexpected."

Well...... guess what? This afternoon I found out that I am moving back into my house on Sunday. The closing never occurred on Monday and we found out today that the buyers have walked. Yesterday my husband impulsively emailed my lawyer that he was not going to pay the home equity loan/mortgage like he had agreed to do. He had moved out on Friday in preparation for the closing on Monday.

Today, my lawyer emailed me to pay the loans/mortgage and to immediately change the locks. Now that the deal has fallen through and he has walked away she has told me to move back in. I don't want to have to go into foreclosure so I am going to have to figure out a way to make this work.....get a housemate, work more, cut corners, etc.

But....the good news is that MY house is going to be MY house. I don't have to pay him anything....he can't make me move.....it's just done. I never saw this coming. EVER.

I finally had surrendered. Finally was gaining peace over how I was going to have to pay him money. My entry into my journal this morning said...please God, help him to accept the 20K and insurance coverage that I have finally become willing to settle on. However, God, if you have something else in mind I surrender to your will. I realize that you can come up with options that I would never imagine.

This is one thing that I never would have imagined....at all. I'm apprehensive about the financial concerns but I'm going to trust HP that we are going to be just fine. It is a beautiful home and we will be fortunate to enjoy it for the next few years. WOW.

Anyone want to rent a cool space in Charlotte with a mom and 2 boys???????
Old 07-20-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is wonderful!

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."

Credit to Anne for posting that here on the forums
Old 07-20-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love it! Never ceases to totally wow me to see HP in action when we just let it go.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What an amazing outcome! I am so happy for you. I truly believe if your HP allowed this to happen, HP will make a way for you to be able to handle it. Take care.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Yep, amazing what happens when we just give up.

"Ok HP, I give up, this (whatever the 'this' of the moment is) is in your expertise not mine. I give it to you."

I have found it works EVERY TIME.

Way to go (((((Lightseeker)))))

Love and hugs,
Old 07-20-2011, 09:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you know what is interesting about giving it up? The universe/HP knows when you really do it and when you just really want to do it. Literally, it was soon as I REALLY gave it up that this all occurred.

I am humbled by what I have learned through all of this. And I know that I have tons more to go. In a million years I never thought that I would be able to have my 2 sons finish out their high school years in the home I purchased specifically to do that......I stayed for so long because I didn't want to lose my home. Then I left, let it go....and got it right back. Without my husband. WOWOWOWOW!!!!!

I am reeling! Now I have to figure out how to take care of koi, a pond, and I'm going to have to become a gardener like it or not. But that sounds pretty great to me today.....
Old 07-20-2011, 10:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Woooohoooo!!!!! Wonderful news. The Universe IS amazing!!!! Great testimony for sure! So Awesome!!!!! Verrrrry happy for you

Did he already grab the toilet?

It would be awesome if you can apply for a loan modification! ?????
Old 07-21-2011, 12:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I do believe that this fits into the parameters of what Carol D likes to call "A God Shot."

HP gives something far better than what you were willing to 'settle' for and sort of says after hitting one across the forehead with a 2 x 4 to get our attention:

"See if you had just 'listened' to begin with you would have saved yourself all that turmoil and chaos in your head last weekend."

I have always believed that HP has a GREAT sense of humor.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 07-21-2011, 02:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so happy for you and indeed see your HP at work here.

When I learned to replace fear with faith, good things happened in my life too. Today I let myself be led, doing my part but letting go of the need to control the outcome. HP always has that covered.

Most days we just have to show up and let life happen...it does anyway.

Doing the happy dance here, I love these strangely wrapped gifts, we never know what they will be or when we will get them, but they always tickle our hearts when they appear.

Hugs
Old 07-21-2011, 04:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow. Just. Wow!

My favorite part is that your lawyer has a document in hand from husband, documenting his abandonment of the property. How sweet is that?

So, in my weird way of accounting, $20,000 to get your HOME back and your boys' LIFE back is not a bad deal...

So happy for you!

There is power to surrender.

CLMI
Old 07-21-2011, 04:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

best of all.....didn't have to pay him the 20k!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lightseeker View Post
Now I have to figure out how to take care of koi, a pond, and I'm going to have to become a gardener like it or not.
That's what the boys are for! Consider this a lesson in life skills/shared chores, and responsibility for them!

CLMI
Old 07-21-2011, 04:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lightseeker View Post
best of all.....didn't have to pay him the 20k!
Wait, I'm confused - so the 20K was tied into the sale of the house, that is why? It was his "share" of the sales monies?

So has he relinquished claims to the equity in the house, or how does that work?

Or is he going to come back and claim his pound of flesh in a divorce settlement?

CLMI
Old 07-21-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Awesome! What wonderful news. The slogans are not just words...they are truths that really work. "Letting Go and Letting God" sure is evidenced in this event! Isn't that just like our God? His timing is impeccable.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This is a happy day!

Now......stop worrying about the pond, koi, and yardwork....I suspect HP will give you a hand with that in some unsuspecting way. Perhaps you'll learn to love it! (I did when my DH had to be away for six months!)

You let go and let God......happy happy day!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-21-2011, 03:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Did he already grab the toilet?
ROFL...... (ok serious question...whats condition of appliances and wiring?) We've seen it all.

Koi ponds are wonderfully relaxing and I love gardening, now my almost 14 year old son helps me too and I started a rose garden. How big of a Koi pond? If set up right shouldnt be too difficult and lots of helpful sites. Im actually cleaning the filter of my patio pond today that has an Oscar and pleco(sucker fish) both over 10 inches.
Congrats and enjoy. You deserve it.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Cat,

the sale that fell through was for an amount that made him think that he was entitled to some of the proceeds - even though he wasn't. He was planning to sue me even though he would have lost. However, the cost of going to court was going to be high 25-30K with potential for a lot more. It made more sense to try and settle by paying him "nuisence" money....It would have been less than the court/legal fees even if I won.

It is a really long story about what has happened to my house...I put a lot of equity down on it prior to his entering my life. I am going to lose 1,000s on this house because of things that he did to it, loans he took out that I am now stuck with. He is planning to sue me for everything that he can and fight me to the end. He is a narcissist that has been rejected and now is saying he will do everything to destroy me that he can.

And yes.....ya'll. I just got an email from him that he wants the toilet. My mother was right - he needs it because of all the sh#t he has. He also wants the koi food, pond fertilizer, etc. Pul-leaze. Poor little fishies need their food.

I'm actually looking forward to learning about the pond. I hope that he hasn't fished the fish out of the pond yet. He is really nickel and diming me. Now that he knows that I am moving back in house he has become rageful all again.

I'm trying to be really careful...he scares me. They say that the most dangerous time with an abuser is after you leave them....and I definitely feel that. He has sent me about 20 emails over the last 20 hours raging at me, threatening me, etc. I have them all stored/forwarded to my lawyer. What a guy.......
Old 07-21-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're forwarding the e-mails to the laywer, as I'm sure he would EVER admit to being a threatening a$$.

Fantastic on HP worked things out, after you let go of the control I'm always amazed when it happens, but still have trouble REALLY letting go at times...until I get miserable enough. I'm sure the pond, gardening and finances will work out.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-22-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sending good vibes...

I'd say: pluck the toilet and send it his way... then when you are able, get yourself some boss regal THRONE in there, and years later, look at it and LAUGH YOUR HEAD OFF!!! What a metaphorical upgrade!

CLMI
Old 07-22-2011, 06:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Best thing to send all his emails threats attemps to come to the house etc to your Lawyer and inform local Police Church close friends of his threats and the BEST thing is to totally ignore him lock your doors keep safe and so very pleased that you have your “HOME“ what a great relief, take care of it and I am sure you will have a nice Gardener guy come along at some stage to help with the pond lol !! just dont let him move in lol
L xoxoxoxo