July 20 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 07-20-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

July 20 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

July 20 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Wanting to know why the alcoholic drinks or, when sober, why he does what he does, is “an itch for which there is no scratch.”

Some of us never get over trying to figure it out. Since we’re not psychiatrists, our researches are bound to end in frustration, so let’s accept it as impossible – and also unimportant.

What IS important, and within our God-given powers to figure out, is what We are doing that confuses and complicates life for us. When we discover that, and do something to change it, a good many of our troubles will vanish.

TODAY’S REMINDER

Every time I catch myself trying to figure out other people’s motives, I’ll stop and ask myself, “What did I say or do that prompted the action? Why did I react to it as I did? Does what happened make a major difference to me, or am I making something big out of a trifle?”

“Leave off that excessive desire of knowing; therein is found much distraction. There are many things the knowledge of which is of little or no profit to the soul.”
Old 07-20-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Skipper

Just what I needed today, and I searched for my "Courage to Change" and couldn't find it. I was so relieved to find you had posted today's message. THANK YOU!!