Notices

--One more demon to kill--... Pt.2

Old 07-19-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
-New Me-

--One more demon to kill--... Pt.2

Hey everyone. I was gone for awhile after relapsing for a few months. I have been sober since 7/1/2011 now. 18 days. feels way longer, but im happy to say 18 days clean.

I have been lurking in shame here and there since relapsing, but i am going to stop in and keep track of my days as i was before my relapse. I wanted to wait till i had at least 3 weeks under my belt, but i can not take it anymore, i have missed my SR friends and their encouraging words.. I am slowly but surely killing the Weed demon and taking my life back (once again).

GNC has become my new friend and is now taking my $ (haha). Protein shakes, creatine, muti-vitamins accompanied by healthy foods & exercise, geez i am feeling great.

just wanted to make my presence known again and keep a log of what im going through and my days of accomplishments.

thanks for your time. glad to be back!!!

(link to old thread if anyone is interested in "my story")
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...emon-kill.html
Old 07-19-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((NewLife))) - I've found that the people here have greatly enhanced my recovery, understanding (and sharing ES&H) when I'm going through some rough stuff, and happy for me when things are going good.

Congrats on 18 days!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-19-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you stumbled, but welcome back NewLife

D
Old 07-19-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
-New Me-

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
(((NewLife))) - I've found that the people here have greatly enhanced my recovery, understanding (and sharing ES&H) when I'm going through some rough stuff, and happy for me when things are going good.

Congrats on 18 days!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
thank you purrfect, yes there are some very great and encouraging ppl here. just wish i would have embraced it more the first time around.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sorry you stumbled, but welcome back NewLife

D
thanks Dee. no need for a sorry, it was my clumsy feet and cloudy mind that made me stumble, no one tripped me. i look for no mercy, just encouragement and wisdom when it can be added. i thank you tho .
Old 07-19-2011, 08:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't be ashamed. I don't think anyone here is perfect. Keep up the good work! :arms Day 18 is something to be proud of because it is the 'new you.' Be encouraged!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
-New Me-

Originally Posted by indakut View Post
Don't be ashamed. I don't think anyone here is perfect. Keep up the good work! :arms Day 18 is something to be proud of because it is the 'new you.' Be encouraged!!!
means a lot . not really ashamed as much as i was after the relapse but "live & learn" as i was always told. feeling better this time around that is for sure.

well im out for the night. see everyone tomorrow
Old 07-19-2011, 10:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you came back. Hang in there, you can do it again.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day 19...

Hey there. hope all is well w/you... thanks, its nice to be back. im doing better this time around, that is for sure.

Day 19, check.... day 20 here i come!!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 07:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day 20...

on to day 21.... 3 weeks, just typing that puts a Big smile on my face. see>> ..
Old 07-22-2011, 10:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day 21...

lonnngggg day, but still going strong.

day 21, check.... 22 here i come.

on a side note, good news to follow this coming week hopefully. things are really looking up for me right now. and it feels Great!!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On my way....

You're looking good there at three weeks+, glad to have you leading the way for me.

I hope everything turns out for you, it's funny how things start falling into place when you put the bottle/blunt down.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day 22...

Originally Posted by Rachel1980 View Post
You're looking good there at three weeks+, glad to have you leading the way for me.

I hope everything turns out for you, it's funny how things start falling into place when you put the bottle/blunt down.
thank you . im glad to be leading the way for you (though i don't really look @ myself as a "leader" as i've only just begun myself) but like i said in my pm, if i can help you out even the slightest, it will also help me out and will give me a feeling of accomplishment & joy i never really felt before. your doing great Rachel, keep it up . we can do this!!!

yes it really is funny how things fall into place. who woulda thunk that a clear head will go a long way and make the puzzle easier as you go (). sure feels great. thank you so much for the support Rachel. its nice to have someone to talk to and open up to. means a lot.

________
update::: day 22 under the belt. no craving/urges even w/a stressful day. seems like it is getting easier as i go further down this path.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
On my way....

Believe it, you are helping me out. There isn't a whole lot of posters here (that I've come in contact with) that seem to have a weed problem....so it is REALLY nice to have someone that I can relate to. And yes, even at the early stage of three weeks you are a huge help.....you're still new enough to know what I'm going through, and I get to peek into what a few weeks ahead look like. Not to mention, you are a great cheerleader!

Keep up the good work, it's all worth it, every struggle, every raw emotion....it's going towards a better future....what a great investment.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
-New Me-

"cheerleader".... Hell no, we wont smoke....... Hell no, no need to toke.... (end corny joke)

joking aside, thanks, makes me feel worthwhile being here helping you(and any others) while helping myself. very uplifting..

yes, great investment indeed.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
-New Me-

..Day 23 & 24...

well, had a Crazy Aggravating day yesterday, but today was way better(minus the call i received) . did not fault either day, just was not in the mood yesterday to hop back online. i laid on the couch and fell asleep. i needed that rest anyway, so it all worked out.

on to the sad news from today. got a call that one of my old buddies died. he was addicted to pills, alcohol and weed. his heart gave out on him and well, the addictions took him away from his family & friends. 32yrs old.

R.I.P Adam. you are a were a good guy, had great intentions, just had some bad habits.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
On my way....

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, so very young, I can't imagine getting news like that. R.I.P. Adam.

It really brings the reality of the seriousness of this journey home. I'm glad to see you here and posting though...continue to stay the course. I think the best way to honor a loss like that is to devote yourself to your sobriety that much more. I'm sure that's what he'd want for you as well. Keep up the good work, Eddie, you're in my thoughts!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
-New Me-

thank you very much Rachel. definitely brings out the reality when you get a call like that, it hits home Hard. it was hard to hear, but gives me more respect (and fear) for the power of the demon that is addiction. it does not care who you are, how good of a person you were, it just wants to bring you down..... it cant have me, i will Not let it.

thanks again Rachel, here's to devotion! i want to see my daughter go to college.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great job. I put down the beers and more energy into my workouts and started boxing. Keep up the good work and stay focused!
Old 07-26-2011, 12:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

Welcome back, you are doing great and SR is brilliant. I know I couldnt have reached day 15 without it, part of my motivation is not wanting to let all those down who have taken time out from their own battle to support me in mine. Priceless and so grateful

So sorry to hear of your friend. In his memory you can do it.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day 25...

day 25 under the belt... on to 26.

Originally Posted by rugbyplayer7 View Post
Great job. I put down the beers and more energy into my workouts and started boxing. Keep up the good work and stay focused!
thank you.. yea im about to start hitting the punching bag. I have had it hanging in the garage for the last, oh, 2 years almost and have only used it maybe 5 times. but i was more worried about smoking weed. now that i have been exercising faithfully for awhile its time to get some use out of the punching bag as well. got a damn good workout in tonight. arms are jello right now. i love that feeling.

you stay focused too man. keep your mind Strong, good job on putting them beers down!!

Originally Posted by Englishrose70 View Post
Welcome back, you are doing great and SR is brilliant. I know I couldnt have reached day 15 without it, part of my motivation is not wanting to let all those down who have taken time out from their own battle to support me in mine. Priceless and so grateful

So sorry to hear of your friend. In his memory you can do it.
thanks, it is great to be back and on track. Yes SR is a great place. Good job on 15 days. i feel the same way, the support here is amazing, even though i was starting to think Rachel & I were the only ones following my thread anymore .

thanks again you two. i appreciate the kind words..