Notices

struggling

Old 07-15-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

struggling

Sorry to make another post , but me and my alters are struggling at the moment.
We are wanting to drink alters have been asking my husband for drink and he said no and told us to try and deal with things with out it
at the moment we are having flashbacks of abuse we don't have a therapist because the last one we had broke our trust and we feel that getting another one and trusting them would take us a long time , it takes 2 years to see one on the NHS and we cant afford to pay for one.
we did see a psychiatrist up until a few months ago but we are getting reffed back to her again by our GP.
each of us are going through the want of wanting drugs and alcohol even though it was a few months of being clean.

me myself i am feeling like i want to drink to cope with my feelings and i feel what my alters feel as well
it makes it really hard to deal with

Some of my alters are doing really well and not even asking for drink but others have asked and plan to get some tomorrow
unsure weather to tell my husband there plans am scared that we might end up drinking tomorrow

Ella
Old 07-15-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Just know that a drink will NOT help you deal with any of your problems. It will only make the worse in the long run.

I don't know if you pray ..... but it helped me and still does and I'm not much of a prayer. I use the Serenity Prayer often because it's quick and easy to say/remember.

Keep posting, keep reading!
Old 07-15-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would tell your husband for sure, Ella.

D
Old 07-15-2011, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Yes some of us pray ...we need to pray right now as we feel lost.
I talked to my husband about the other personalizes want to buy drink tomorrow we are going to try and make a meeting as we didn't manage tonight because we had to wait for my nephew to get here as he is staying over for a few days .
Am very scared about going to the meeting because of thoughts that i have and am very paranoid about people sitting near me or shaking my hand... keep thinking that am going to hit people i have been feeling like this for a long time and every time am near people i panic about it and have anxiety attacks.
Going to try and go to bed now ...hopefully we can sleep

Ella
Old 07-15-2011, 07:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think you can tell your husband and have a good conmunication with him
Old 07-16-2011, 04:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Hi am kitty one of the personalizes of Dark Asylum

This morning am feeling really bad ...wanting a drink , but we are not going to get any because 1, we have no money 2, its poison to us we think that it will make things better but it dont it makes things worse.
We have been hiding from our past now we starting to face it .
meaning flashbacks and memories of abuse , we have no support for it apart from Ella's husband and he has his own past to deal with as well.
Drink has been numbing the past from us and its time we face it because we need to face it at some point .
I know that it will be hard to face and we will have a hard time for a while and there maybe times where we feel like a drink but we must remember that we are worse of with drink and it could kill us in the end.

Kitty