Notices

Want to get out of the lifestyle need advice

Old 07-15-2011, 01:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Want to get out of the lifestyle need advice

ive been living in the fastlane way too long and i dont really know if i want to quit or that a really just want to want to quit if that makes sense. im from an LA hood and the lifestyle just surrounds me. all my homies are dangerous people. im addicted to the lifestyle slanging banging and robing is just such easy ways to make money. i have a problem that most who try and get out of the game dont got. all the homies would probally kill me if i tried to quit banging. i dont know how im going to ever quit drugs when everybody around me is pushing drugs and stuff. spent most my life in jails and prisons and soon as i get out the homies throw a party and i go back to heroin and meth. id be sooooo rich if i didnt constantly get high.

if i did get out of the game somehow i could never in a million years get a job. i actually tried to get job while back really hard for parole but its just impossible. and when i can just bang with the homies and make 10x the money its just addicting.ive been shot 3 different times. i want to get out of all this but im stuck and if i tried to tell the homies i wanna quit it would probally destroy my image. it takes so long to earn a hard image here and if i even gave the impression i want out all my convictions and time would be for nothing.

i have a strong strong feeling im not going to survive another year. even shooting up into my neck doesnt work well anymore. bunch of crips got me green lighted. the next time i go to jail theyd probally kill me and if i left the game the crew would kill me. i got no money to move and i cant get a job. im stuck and never felt so cornerd before. dont even got a GED. most the people i got into this lifestyle with are dead and im probally next.

WHAT SHOULD I DO I FEEL STUCK
Old 07-15-2011, 02:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome to the family BC

what should you do

for every life situation,

there is a solution...

maybe get a pair of Groucho Glasses and

maybe take some of that bling and go to a long term rehab to start

and just coming here is a start

all good wishes BC

zip

ps

i do know a few JB's that made it out of the game
Old 07-15-2011, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to have you here, bc. keep reaching out.

you can get out, you know. it's up to you...

keep posting! k
Old 07-15-2011, 03:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi BC

Welcome

I wasn't in the hood but I was a musician and up to my neck in the whole rock star lifestyle...

I knew I had two choices...either keep living the life I was and be pretty certain of dying sooner rather than later...or get out of the life and have a chance to live.

I got out...life's not a video...I've found a real life now for the last 4 years and I wouldn't swap it for the world.

Image and street cred mean nothing if you're dead, man.

D
Old 07-15-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

to SR
Old 07-15-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

The Salvation Army has many free facilties for anyone interested
in a clean and sober future...includeing job training and houseing.

I sure hope you will decide your life is worth more than crime addiction and vioalance.

Welcome to sr....;
Old 07-15-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

not sure how current the links are but you might find a lot of useful links here too:
I Hate My Life

D
Old 07-15-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Why not get out of LA? Far away like Washington or Colorado or Georgia.

Save up some money and move to a small town, find yourself whatever job possible and just chill for a while until you can figure out your next move. Yeah it might suck for a while but it's better than being dead.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Pack a backpack, buy a bus ticket, and go. Get out of LA. And then work honest jobs, and build a life for yourself.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Unhappy Don't know how to leave the lifestyle behind

I don't know what to do. I am just a girl who does not know how to step out of the game. It is so easy to make money this way. All of my friends are either addicts or in prison, I have never been and I know if I keep this up I will be going. My boyfriend use to be in the game in a different state went to prison a few times and learned his lesson, I guess I should say ex boyfriend. I am lost do not know how or what to do for the first time in a long time.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Having been on the flip side with associate links to a Casper MC Club...Fling an AR-15 through club biz of a correction job. Yes the wild life can stop.

You laded it all out, now its time to lay it away.

Sure the money is right and getting your head right is right crazy. But the pull...the death spiral of slinging and banging looks tight from the inside, its a lose life from the other side.

Get back on it and make a big move the hell out of Dodge City.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Englishrose70

Get out just go. What's losing your image to losing your life. It may be scary on the outside but no-one wants to kill you, time to reach out brother and walk away.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you too HCS.

I think physically getting out of the places and social circles you're in is good advice for you too.

Maybe a recovery group like NA, or even greater steps like rehab or even a sober living house type setup might help you?

I have no experience with your circumstances, but I know you'll find support and advice here too

D
Old 07-16-2011, 04:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I guess that if you're caught up in that lifestyle it's easy to look at the other side of the equation and say "there's just nothing there for me". The bigger question is what will be there for you 10 or 20 years out in your current lifestyle, is there really any future in it? Do you really want to bring up your kids or die in that life, just seems that there's no percentage there. Getting out may not be easy but it sure beats the alternative. Where there's a will there's always a way.