Notices

Waiting for detox

Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Waiting for detox

Had my daughter take me to ER yesterday. They gave me a banana bag and sent me home. Said they dont detox. Awaiting for PAR to call me back about a bed. Im already on day two. Feeling a little betters. Tremors are still bad and sweating horrible. Thinking of riding it out one more day see how I feel if they call me for a bed. Could be a week. I have one more day of these tremors. Just an update
Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there LP. I hope you can stay strong this time around. Be sure you keep in mind that you are working on yourself though.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
LP - The Salvation Army usually provides services for free. Have you tried them?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Another avenue is the local police department, they have resources. You need professional help, I did. Detoxing on your own can be fatal, make sure someone is always around until you get help.

I'm praying for you
Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No I am alone right now. These tremors can be horrible. I am hoping they will call soon.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I did that the last time. You'd think when I went to the ER yesterday, he would have prescribed me something. I don't do pills so getting hooked on them isnt a worry. I was only taking 1/2 tab daily and it worked well for me.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Have someone pick you up some Gatorade or some other kind of sports drink......it will help you.........also, try a little candy.......these things helped me a lot.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lpnangel View Post
Had my daughter take me to ER yesterday. They gave me a banana bag and sent me home. Said they dont detox. Awaiting for PAR to call me back about a bed. Im already on day two. Feeling a little betters. Tremors are still bad and sweating horrible. Thinking of riding it out one more day see how I feel if they call me for a bed. Could be a week. I have one more day of these tremors. Just an update
Go back. Ask for another doctor in the ER. They cannot turn you away just because "they don't do detox". You could die. If they don't know that, they shouldn't be open for business. Go to another ER if needed. Ask the detox facility what you should do while waiting for a bed.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please go to an ER again or call a dr because detoxing can be unpredicable.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I removed some posts here under our medical rule.
It's best to leave the med recommendations to licensed physicians.

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
these people may be able to help you with advice lpn:

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

I hope you feel better soon - good to have you back
D
Old 07-13-2011, 03:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I removed some posts here under our medical rule.
It's best to leave the med recommendations to licensed physicians.

these people may be able to help you with advice lpn:

2-1-1 Call Center Search

I hope you feel better soon - good to have you back
D
Much better now. Shakes arent as bad. Was able to eat. Drinking lots of water
Old 07-13-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thank goodness! Take the bed if called anyway for the rehab. I am glad you kept posting too. These people are a blessing for all of us.