Notices

Thoughts on Alcohol at work fridge?

Old 07-13-2011, 12:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thoughts on Alcohol at work fridge?

It started a few months ago. I saw there were a 6 pack of beer. I don't have a problem with the beer and I'm not temped to drink any of it. But the weird thing is that next month it became a 12 pack and now it fulls up half of the bottom self of the fridge. I finally ask one of the co workers in a different department about this and they said that they drink it after work on Friday. The department that drinks it is about 5 people in it. They sell ads to consumers over the phone. I can understand having a beer on Friday after work but it seem like they want more than 1 or 2 beers. It clear that they're looking to get a good buzz on it because there drinking about 4 beers that's 3 from the 1 beer they first started. I know their allow to drink it because the owner buys it. The owner is from California and the runs the company like a dot com start up.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not a place I'd want to be in. I had an employer that did the same thing but it was every day after work and 2 cases a day.

Someone needs to check-in before they check out.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

They do that at my work and above the sink the other day was half a bottle of red wine, my nemisis.

I felt weird, annoyed that I had to look at it and a bit angry, it passed.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I work with a single employee, and used to make my evening calls buzzed after i got in from the field and after he left. Some nights it was more than buzzed, this gave me extra energy to 'keep going' but at a high price.

I would over comit, under estimate and cause myself big issues, sometimes wondering if anyone noticed my drinking (at home making calls).

Now that I dont drink I am returning less calls but I can keep promses better and think about the jobs with a clearer head and project future sales. I am much better at this without drinking.

I think some employers allow the drinking 'after hours' to enhance mood to promote sales but it does come at a price. I'd personaly never encourage someone to have drinks at work. I've had so many druken 'plans' it aint even funny, that never materialized.

I could see it turning into a real problem...