Notices

rock bottom

Old 07-13-2011, 12:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

rock bottom

Hi everyone

it really is time for things to change now, i have no other choice ive hit rock bottom and am about to lose all the people i care about in my life. im only 29 and im an alcoholic, when i do drink i drink on my own at home, i try and hide it from my partner but she knows straight away, thats when the lies start and the horrible me comes out. once i start i just cant stop it completley takes over me and nothing else matters except where i can get that next drink.

im now on day 2 and really feeling the withdrawl symptoms, im starting to think more positive i just need to figure out how im going to beat this, any sugestions would really help.
im going to go to AA and see if that works for me, im really nervous about this because i find it really hard to talk about, i just cant understand why i keep doing this, i really need help it's way to tough to do this on my own.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Fletch, welcome back. Although I haven't been on here that long compared to you, I am glad you have decided to try again.

Did you try AA before when you quit last time? If not, I definitely think it's worth a go, especially if you feel very vulnerable about doing it without support. Not many of us are great about talking about our alcoholism - especially when we get to the rock bottom when things are really falling apart - but there are lots of people out there who are able to help you along the way.

I wish you all the best.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Fletch - I really hope this time can be your time

D
Old 07-13-2011, 02:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Newwings, it feels really good to be back and reaching out.

i did try AA a couple of years ago and found it very difficult to communicate or relate to other members, i was by far the youngest there and think it just scared me so i just sat and listened.
i am going to try it again, im hoping it will be a different experience and may really work for me this time round.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Fletch they call it falling off the wagon instead of jumping off for a reason, its not an easy ride but our past experience can teach us what bumps in the road to look out for.

Keep reading, keep posting, keeping pluged in to this forum really helps me...
Old 07-13-2011, 04:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fletch2468 View Post
im hoping it will be a different experience and may really work for me this time round.
Fletch, it will be a different experience if you do things differently. The 12 Steps are AA's program of recovery. I found somebody that talked about having a spiritual awakening as the result of those Steps, and was willing to show me what he had done out of the BB.

It made all the difference from just 'going to AA'.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Fletch,

Welcome back!

I know that I needed to make some big changes in my life, besides stopping drinking when I began recovery. And, I have found that balance in my life is something that really helps me a lot.