Notices
View Poll Results: Will we be normal ever again living happily and with 100% health?
Unlikely..The damage is done.Scarred for Life
1.79%
Never Know
21.43%
YES ! chances are certain
64.29%
YES only by a miracle.
1.79%
Ask GOD no one else can help you!
10.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

What are my chances of life and sanity ?

Old 07-09-2011, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What are my chances of life and sanity ?

I need help again,

I think I am(was) sane and level headed,yet I am stuck in a very very dark corner in my life.
I am addicted to codeine syrup,I take 2 to 3 bottles per day,I work night shifts and also am in a lot of stress,
my relationship of 10 years is broken,I am in a mess(of my own making) I want to be healthy ,happy and normal.
If i try to leave it the withdrawals symptoms are so extreme that thinking of them makes me shiver.
If i don't get to drink my syrup with in 2 hours of waking up,I start getting jttery,shivery,my abdomen is on fire
and it feels like I am about to die,the pain in my brain is amplified 100 times,my eyes feel like they will pop out,
i get cold sweats,I get blood in my stool after every few days,it drips as if someone is spraying it from a syringe,
sometimes it drips after I finish my stools,it goes on for long,i keep throwing water on my anus with a loo jet,
then i try to dab it with tissues,I apply an ointment called annovate,only on the outside,my anus protrudes out,
like a volcanic Crater,there is no pain at all though when it bleeds,it scares me into shock,I feel weak,
I also have become negative about everything in life,I am unable to picture a future and I get thoughts of death and suicide,
I have no interest remaining in sex,I do masturbate once a while,i have to force myself for it,my erections are weak and erratic,
I have problem urinating after masturbation and after drinking the syrup i feel calm,sometimes euphoric,sometimes edgy and cranky,
sometimes i feel lost in my own world,I also loose track of time,I get severe bouts of insomnia,I got a bad boil last time i quit,
it was the most painful 1 month of my life,it has left a bullet hole looking scar on my left butt cheek on the outside,
just above the thigh.Recently I got a bad puss type infection under my right gum ,somewhere above the jaw bone and teeth roots,
I went to a dentist,she gave me 3 days antibiotics and painkiller with anti acid..she asked for an x-ray,which I did and showed her,
she said there is infection in the gum deep below the roots and i need special treatment, my gum pain has stopped so i forgot it now,
I have constant ringing in my ears all day and night, I sometimes wake up with a gasp to realise i had stopped breathing unconsciously..
its scary but i get tired and fall asleep again . If i sit on one side like when typing or reading,my arm or leg becomes numb as dead,
i have to move it and rubb it to return normalcy.I get blurred visions sometimes too,
Early morning every day, when i urinate, there is a foul chemicalish smell from my urine,and sometimes the tip burns a little,
maybe its acid,I also get hyper acidity,I work at a call centre with night shifts(5pm--3am)(10 pm--8am)they keep changing it every week,
plus I have a big financial mess at home, I live with my mother,my father left us when I was 11 and all my mother's boyfriends ditched her
after some time,my little sister(27 yrs) has moved out too.I have to shift next month as here ppl don't allow tennents to live at one place
for more than 11 months,I feel that my palms are usually sollen and my face looks dull,the other day my mother asked me why my nails on feet
and hands look blue, Since two days I have feverish feel,numbness of palms,bad upper respiratory congestion,I am coufing thick light green
to greyish cough,my voice also got hoarse last night,I have neck pain and i feel something dripping within my ears,I am drinking hot tea
and some unani and aurvedic pills to suck on,i put them in the tea and drink,it is giving some relief.I am 30 years old,I am 5ft-10in tall,
weigh between 55 to 59 kgs,I am a vegetarian and I think i look smart and successful,I have a slim lean built.
I am depressed even further as my girl ditched me when I wanted her,I was not an adict untill just last year.
I am in this codine addiction(on-off) for around one year and a half.I smoke more while i take codeine(20-30 cigarettes a day)
Some time ago I was smoking pot(weed and hash too,i have stopped recently due u more codeine intake)
i drink alchol very rarely,I have stopped my kick-boxing and other free hand exsersies since 1 and a half years,
I have stopped my chanting and meditation also from around the same time,
I am trapped I want to get out of this state without causing too much trouble and grief to my mother,
I want to quit without affecting my job(its the only means of money for us,I have zero savings)
I don't want to get addmited to rehab as it is very expensive,
I live in an rented apt in this mean,crowded and merciless city and I have been notified to move-out as the heartless rude land lady wants her daughter to live here,she is forcing us to move out,in one year the rent-deposit amounts have sky-rocketed,and With so many leaves my office wont pay me,infact i have been given a red card,I don't know what will I do,from will i get money to pay for next deposit AMT,worse still how will I get another decent n safe house,the crime is very high here,rented apts are all occupied or charge very high,the agents take advantage of the fact we need to move out urgently.
With no pay,no job,bad health,depression,addiction I have no hope.
a few weeks back my left side froze,I cud not move at all,nerves pains from within like the worse kind of pain,it never ceases to go away and remain in focus.
and if someone gets to know that i am in a rehab,i'll be shunned by society here,I want support
and some medicines to fight widrawals,and I don't want the nightmares and maniac states of mind that comes after a week or less of quitting,
its very very scary.i rather get beaten up in a street fight and get hospitalised,but i thinkI will not be able to tolerate
such horrible mental and physical pain.
I am a fool for getting stuck in the first place,I never thought I would ever reach such a stage in my life.
Someone please guide me,I know my GOD will direct someone to me and he or she will be an angel in human body...
With this hope I am posting this letter online,I don't know how it will happen,but I am sure It will.
:
Please forgive me....................
WHAT HAVE BECOME.....
Old 07-09-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

We can't give any kind of medical advice, so please talk to a dr about your health concerns.

And, talking to your dr about your codeine use would be a good place to start.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Please go to the ER. The bleeding like that is serious enough to warrant some help.

Take care.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Please see a doctor. And please read and post here. We can't give medical advice, but we can share our own journey in recovery.

Settle down. Slow down. Tell your doctor of your addiction. Ask for help. Do you have anyone you can talk to? Google NA!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please see a Dr RexC - there's more than enough scary stuff happening there.

I was in a similar physical condition - if not as bad certainly getting there - I turned my life around and got healthy again...there is always hope, Rex

The first step is asking for help. Get yourself checked out medically and then you can think about finding support to stay clean whether it's NA or something else

D
Old 07-09-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

all i can say rex...
is pray to your god of your understanding to guide you and deliver you from the hell you are living in.
iv'e been to hell and back myself.and the only thing that saved me was my faith in my higher power....prayer really does work..
im sure the cough syrup is causing the physical problems you are having ...you probably don't need me to tell you that?
is there someone you can confide in ?
i dont know what the health care is like in india ..but i can imagine....no money no treatment???
we all need help from others in this life and i pray that god sends you someone to help you out of your bad predicament...
you can do this ..surrender and ask for help..
best of luck rex.
phil
Old 07-09-2011, 07:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

IDK about the poll, but if you seek professional medical help right away, and get yourself together, there is hope... I know people who were in a similar/worse state and they are living joyful, fulfilling lives, because they quit just in time. They may be on medication but I'd still consider them healthy. It won't happen overnight, but the trick is to GET MEDICAL ATTENTION RIGHT AWAY... and keep praying, keep your head up, keep coming on these forums... surely there is something you can do, and I'm sure your mother would be happier to know that you are getting help
Old 07-09-2011, 08:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Up till these last few month of my life,i was somewhat proud of my intelligence and power to observe my own mind,at this very second i am realising that there are good people out there and there is a lot of love ,alas though it feels i realized this a bit too late.
All i want to do is sleep,somehow to get rid of these pains,my brain is amplifying it 100 times,there is not thought,feels like i am in a cloud charged with pain,i am breathing in pain,pain in my veins,in my brain,don't even wanna shout.
I feel so small,i am a looser who wasted all god gave and i deserve this !but i pray it stops as suddenly as this started.
Why the f**# do these companies sell these ,even after knowing that such high volumes are being sold,no detailed medical studies regarding the occult effects or scientific proof is available online,only bs,....same ****,same clique genral symptoms ,cut copy pasted...******** the docs don't know their ass from a hole in the ground,they just want money.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

I wish I could help you but I am unfamiliar with opiates, I am actually allergic to codeine- the reason why I never touched the others. Sadly addiction doesn't discriminate against intelligence. Please seek medical care- they can help you detox safely as well as treat your other ailments/afflictions.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RexCofJunkie008 View Post
Up till these last few month of my life,i was somewhat proud of my intelligence and power to observe my own mind,
there's no reason to stop feeling that way, you just need to direct your intelligence the right way by finding the right recovery system for you - not for me or anyone else, you.

addictions are not about how smart you are, some of the brightest and wittiest people i've met have been outright alkies who'd mess in their own pants at times, some of the thickest and most obnoxious people have been sober as a judge, it's not about that at all.

I feel so small,i am a looser who wasted all god gave and i deserve this !
osama bin laden probably never took a drink in his life, does that make him wiser or better than you?! i know your issue isn't drinking but addiction is addiction, and it's not about worth or merit or anything so big and important as that.

addiction is a chemical reaction to repeated use of a small group of substances and they can get anyone, you could pour all the codeine garbage you've been drinking down albert einstein's throat and he'd end up just as hooked as you if he did the same amount for the same length of time.

get some self-respect back by kicking this habit and take responsibility for finding out how to detox safely.

you can absolutely be free of this if you put your mind to it.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

[url=http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=460095263810&oid=186817088360&comments

I have become so impatient and cranky,A few hours ago I was feeling euphoric,I wrote a reply and it took me more than an hour to type,but I lost the text due to some error in connection,page switched to login page of my isp..
I was so irritated that I was about to throw this one and only old Lap top,Its my only source of entertainment,communication and knowledge.this is a friend a guide a companion............but I ended up breaking the Remote control instead
Lol...well I am at the verge of getting mad again,so before my morbidity kicks in I am writing what ever I remember now.

THANKS GUYS ,
Anna
bellakeller
MemphisBlues
Dee74
ulverston
underoath
RexCofJunkie008
underoath
DoubtfulDebs

I MEAN IT,IT MAKE HELL OF A DIFFERENCE SPEAKING OUT AND RECEIVING REPLIES!

I am feeling a zillion times better than past few weeks,It was a constant torture that did not stop even for a minute and time stretched to eternity.
Today I had 2 bottles only (100 ml each)
I don't know if this helps me getting an answer somehow but these are the ingredients written on the bottle,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rexcof cough syrup(100ml)cipla
ANTI-ALLERGIC.ANTI-TUSSIVE.FOR DRY COUGH
Each 5ml(tea spoon)contains
Cholorpheniramine Maleate I.P ______4mg
Codeine Phosphate IP_____________10mg
Colors:sunsetYellow FCF and Carmoisine
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering If someone who is good at chemistry tell me what these different chemicals might do separately on a human body and where can I find more info.
Until I was hooked I noticed that this particular product is being abused at a massive scale here,its a replacement for Corex.

I went to see a Homeopathy doctor down the road as I felt Instinctively that I might get help.
I am a bit lighter in my mind but the Pain level or the morbidity has not decreased.
He did give me respect and attention and listened to me for a good one hour,usually he deals with his older patients this time and is very busy.
he has given me some pills for 7 days and wants me to return to him again.
I dont wanna sound this way like a beggar, but I only earn 350$ a month,working 12 to 15 hrs a day 6 days a week,and end of this month I am not gonna get any salary too and just the rent for the apt is 240$/mnth...its one of the cheapest available..
This doctor did charge me 30$,I had to go to a teller and withdraw all my little savings, and he said going Fwd I will have to pay no consultation fee but just medication fees.
well whatever It might be,I will wait till the cookie crumbles...
I am worried about the lack of knowledge GPs have regarding the effects of long tearm chemicals like listed above,I have all the symptoms of Osteopenia too.
I was thinking if some how I live through this phase and with some financial help, maybe from some of my mom's friends and manage to move out to another apt,
I will then think of arranging a loan so that I go to some detox centre that is pain less or atleast less painful and comfortable,I am also thinking if somehow I make it sane I should look for a NA person to find out of such centres around here,
My bleeding is slowed down,its just a few drops after I finish passing stools,(usually I get constipation upto 4 to 5 days,i go every day whn normal)
I am under horrible pain spells most of the times though,
each n every muscle contracts inwards like i will implode,
its horrific,plus I get strange spasms while lying down,Muscles of my butt and legs twitch violently that at times I wake up if i was sleeping,
there are times whn I lie on my bed and then suddenly there is loud crack ..like THAAAAaaaAAK..
its like someone hit my head with a hammer or fired a shot gun near my ears...Its scary..it jolts me up,it is a sound that I hear from within my head,no one else can hear it,its not a dream,its loud and clear.
another thing is I become very jumpy at at times,
I have woken up many times violently ,even ran out of my room and switched on the main lights to check for some insects in my room,
Its strange,I see roaches and some ancient looking insects crawling away from me when I open my eyes,I feel sometimes they or it is moving on my legs or body,at times I can see them clearly in the light too,
one of my friends told me that I shout and move violently while asleep,one day I jumped out of my bed screaming as i saw a big real giant bug big as a football fly towards me from the open window,I could even hear its humm and sound of his hard shell hitting the bed post,but later me n my friend searched the whole room in n out but there was no bug,I cannot be possibly hallucinating such detaile sounds n sights n feelings,I feel possessed at times too...I am becomming insane like the shutter island movie..well My hand started hurting typing so i am going,will write later,

BYE!

Ps:-I got these on my FB some friends sent it to me,have not completly read it yet,but the video makes sense is comforting,so I want to share it here with my friends:
Please take a look if n when u may find time.
they dot allow links WTF
just copy the subject for video atleast
Old 07-10-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I suggest doing a google search of the chemicals to find info.

We can't give any info here about what the chemicals would do to your body.

I strongly suggest you go to a hospital ER or doctor to deal with your symptoms.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hi rex.
glad to hear there is some improvement...
im sure if you quit this cough syrup...you will get a whole lot better.
remember we are what we eat/and im sure all thoose chemicals are causing you all or most of the symptoms you are having.
what have you got to loose by completley eliminating them from your life?
quit them for a month and see how your life has changed ..and if it dosn't then you can go back to your misery....
i didn't say that to be unkind..i heard it in an aa meeting and it made perfect sense to me.
best of luck to you my friend..god bless
Old 01-27-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Man, you are under a spell, all these things happening on one person is not a joke. You are a strong man and I like your zeal. However, your problem must be solved. walk to the nearest church and a claim Christ as the son of God. He will help you stop smoking, throw away your codeine syrup, and help you to organize your finances.Once this is done, you will get much better, get a new girlfriend and start living normally. I have prayed for you , and I believe the angel will lead you to a church of your choice . I have a picture of a church with green iron sheets which you normally bypass as you go to work. Try it and lets communicate.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
~sb

Please go see a doctor or ER and tell them what is going on and you need to detox.

Please?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A work in progress

This is a very old thread from 2011.

Hopefully the OP got help.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

All is not lost. It often feels like we have to climb the mountain in one big leap - I suggest starting with just one foot in front of the other. Call a doctor, set up an appointment. Do not worry about everything else. Now you've done something. You're getting somewhere. Your making a positive step. One at a time. Good luck.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Never say never...

Rex...you're NOT a loser...please see a doctor, that would be your first step to getting better. We're all in the same boat so to speak....some in dinghy's, some in yachts. I'm new here myself but there seems to be plenty of emotional support....just please, get some medical help, it sounds as though you really need that first.

Good luck!!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

as people don't seem to realise this is an old thread, I'm closing it.
Hopefully the OP is doing well now