Notices

Tonight was hard...

Old 07-08-2011, 09:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tonight was hard...

Tonight was one of the harder nights I've had regarding staying sober. My mom bought a bottle of vodka for the 4th to make martinis (I LOVE(D) vodka) and it's been in the kitchen since then - staring at me, but it was easy enough to ignore, surprisingly. Until tonight...my step-dad started drinking it (no one in this house can let a bottle of alcohol just sit there...if we have it, we drink it) and then he and my mom starting fighting - not because of but not unrelated to the drinking - and because of some childhood trauma issues, when parents fight, I get exceptionally uncomfortable and nervous and stressed...so, seeing him drinking my favorite drink and listening to them fight was just too much.

Fortunately, I was on my way out to see a movie with a dear, dear friend who is super supportive of me and cares so much about me that it was easy for me to sort of open up about why I was in such a crappy mood and get it out (which helped tremendously). Getting out of the house and away from the fighting/drinking and having a 2 hour distraction in the form of The Tree of Life (I'm still trying to figure it out...) also really helped. But I'm still thinking about that vodka. At least he drank it all so it's all gone....
Old 07-08-2011, 09:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
-New Me-

you dont need that vodka, you did a great thing by removing yourself from the situation. keep strong!!! im proud of you . good job.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Wow I am so sorry to hear all of that

From your mom buying you vodka to fighting , but good job on getting out of there, and staying on your path
Old 07-08-2011, 10:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can't really blame my mom for the vodka bit - she has NO idea about my alcoholism/addiction...though she does know I'm not drinking anymore (I told her it was because of my medications - which is also true)...but that doesn't make watching someone drink any easier :/ I'm glad I didn't drink, though!