Notices

Day 2 of Sobriety

Old 07-06-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 of Sobriety

This is my first real attempt to quit drinking and I am terrified! It took me a year to realize my drinking was a large reason for my divorce last year and I have 3 beautiful little girls who now have a split family because of it. My ex was good, solid, wonderful man and I lost him because of my irrational behaviors when I would drink! I did something over the weekend (well, during my 3 day "binge" that horrified me and I realize if I am going to be any kind of a mother to these precious gifts, the alcohol has to stop NOW...I am praying for the strength to do it...
Old 07-06-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome snoopy

It really is possible to leave the past behind and become the person you know you really are - you'll find a lot of support here.

D
Old 07-06-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

It's quite awful when we realize what's happened to us. I hated the woman I became when I was drinking and the self-hatred intensified my downward spiral.

Know that you can stop drinking and live a sober life and we are here to offer support.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Well done on day 2.

Changing the direction of my like took some learning and practice to get free from alcohol. Keep going forward in your recovery.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i really reccomend going to AA. its a really great program, and it might be tough the first few times. I just had my second meeting today and it really is the only thing keeping me going. That, The AA big book, This forum, and support from friends kept me going.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

for sure welcome and keep comin back
Old 07-07-2011, 04:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Snoopy, today is day 10 for me. Hang in there and remember your little girls are worth every ounce of suffering.

Know that every day gets a little easier. Food tastes much better, sleep is real (as opposed to passing out). Mental clarity greatly improves. You'll be calmer, friendlier and more positive. But it will take time.

I stole this next line from the Marine Corps, where my son is currently undergoing the Office Candidate School program. "Pain is temporary, pride is forever:.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Snoppy, so what's your plan? Having a desire to quit is often not enough, additional action is usually needed. For me, that is AA.