Notices

Super quick update

Old 07-05-2011, 09:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Super quick update

Hi all - just wanted to write a real quick update and let y'all know I didn't fall off the face of the earth. Haven't been around SR much because I'm on vacation. Just visiting home for a couple of weeks but have been spending my time boating and knitting and just relaxing rather than being on my computer.

Sober 37 days today (I suppose it's technically day 38). I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but I find it hard to be "proud" or "excited" about that. I feel like it's as if I were a bank robber and someone said to me "oh, did you go into that bank without robbing it? I'm so proud of you for not robbing that bank! That's amazing!" It's something I shouldn't have been doing anyway, so it's hard to be proud of not doing what I shouldn't be doing. Ya know? Anyway.

I've also started a blog about my journey down this road...see my blog on SR for the address if you wish. It's mostly for myself, but I'm happy to have anyone along for the ride!

Hope you're all well - I'm off to enjoy the rest of my vacation and will be around more in about a week when I'm back to real life!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I totally know how you feel! I don't even count my days I just know my sobriety date! I feel silly when people ask me how many days I have sober and I have to figure it out in my head, lol.

It's like someone posted on here "It's not counting the days that count, it's making the days count!"

Good luck on your journey!

Sober since 6/3/11