Notices

Just a thought....

Old 07-05-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just a thought....

I'm going to be happy today that I'm sober! And that I'm alive and breathing! That I have clothes on my back and food to eat! That my children are fed, and that me and my husband have a job to go to!

I am so grateful that I have these things!!

It's not about Internet, cable tv, fast cars, nice clothes, expensive shoes, expensive purses, eating out every meal, having the a/c blasting all day, at least not for me.

I have had to make HUGE sacrifices in my life to get to where I am today but it is all worth my sobriety! Anything worth having is worth WORKING for! whatever I was doing in the past was NOT working, I was taking the EASY way out, I didn't want to see the truth of my actions. But slowly yet surely I am working thru them, day by day.

Sure I have bad days, and bad moods, where I just want to run away, but I can't! I have responsibilities, for myself, my family, and my sobriety. Whenever I feel down I realize how far I've come and take a step towards the future! Wheather it's doing some laundry, cleaning out the closet, heck even picking up dog poo in the back yard! I feel like anything is better than feeling sorry for myself.

It's amazing how good you feel when you get work DONE!

I'm telling you it works if you work it!

God bless! Sober since 6/3/11