Notices

Behavior

Old 07-05-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Behavior

My child attended a 30 rehab of opiates last Sept. Since he has been clean for the most part. He stayed home for several months, had a relapse/seizure 3rd month, stayed home several more month (as if depressed). Finally got job in April and has worked steadily. In and out of several relationships. He has lots of anger, irresponsible with money and home life, doesn't seem to reason, is impulsive, finances: easy come; easy go. He is destroying my marriage...willl he change, is this normal. I have seem progress in many areas, but not so that he can get out on his own (28 yrs old, divorced and a 2 year old son). He hates living here but won't do what is necessary to move on with life. I don't understand...just tired, frustrated and now-ANGRY!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well sounds like he's developed some pretty poor habits and behaviors and you are all wrapped up in them. There is a family section a bit further down on the main page of the boards. If you go there you will meet a ton of parents in your situation and some who have come through it. If your marriage is in trouble I really urge you to check this out. Best to you!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Recovery can take a long time, and depression can be a real part of it. Is he getting any help after his rehab? If not may-be he should visit his doctor and have a discussion about the the funk he is in.

Here is the link for the family support group.
Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to Sober Recovery!