Notices

Next 90 days?

Old 07-04-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Next 90 days?

Well I've got 90 days under my belt (actually 91). It's been rough at times but mostly good.

Wondering what the next 90 days has in store. Any thoughts, ideas, words of wisdom from the "old timers"?

Thanks in advance.

T
Old 07-04-2011, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

90 days...awesome! Congratulations.

Not to answer your question with a question, TTQTTFG, but do you mind sharing some of the secrets of your success thus far? How are you doing it (i.e. staying sober)?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by ttqttfg View Post
Wondering what the next 90 days has in store. Any thoughts, ideas, words of wisdom from the "old timers"?
I don't consider myself an old timer, not in regards to recovery. But I did hit both the 90 day and 180 day milestones. For me days 91 to 180 were a complete turnaround from the first 90. I stopped obsessing about drinking and I started to live my recovery instead of just "not drink."

I posted blog entries, here on SR, for both milestones, if you care to read them. Do note, post acute withdrawal syndrome is something you might see in the next 90 days. Read up on it so you aren't blindsided by the what appears to be a complete breakdown of your recovery.

congrats on making 90. Good luck on the next 90.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As far as how I'm doing it. I read here that you have to make changes other than just stopping drinking. Honestly I haven't done that. I'm not going to AA or anything like that. Only a few people know I've quit. So I hope I'm not setting myself up for failure. But all I've done is quit. I guess after 20+ years of drinking I'm just done. I don't want to live like that anymore. my health is/was suffering, my family was suffering; so it was time.

So if anything has changed I guess it would be my willpower. I don't grab for a drink at the first sign of trouble. I'm learning how to face and deal with problems and stress and...... life really. And to think it through what would happen and how I would feel if I did pick up a drink again.

Seems to be working so far.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am wondering the same thing. Never made it past 6 months before but this time I have AA and the first step. Best wishes to you and congratulations. July 1 was 3 mo and July 3 was 125 meetings.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 90 days, I wish you continued success!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sobriety. Take it one day at a time, continue to think the drink thru and don't take the first drink and/or drug. Personally I attend AA and it helps...have you considered going?
Old 07-04-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you!

It sounds to me like you've made changes in your attitude and how you deal with life. Those are big steps forward in recovery. I'm not an AA person either and I don't believe you're setting yourself up for failure. You've gone through 90 days and that's great. It was at the 90 day point that I stopped and looked back at how far I'd come and took time to be proud of myself.