Notices

Day Fifteen (Almost)

Old 07-03-2011, 11:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Fifteen (Almost)

I'm going to bed in a few minutes, and today was day fourteen. We celebrated the 4th of July (early) and barbecued and hung out on the lawn and had a bonfire and a barbecue and fireworks. One kid went to the store and bought beer and another brought about a gallon home made sangria.

I drank soda--the whole time. I'm pretty proud of myself. Except not really because I don't know when I last got through a fourth without drinking--usually too much. There were no stupid conversations today, and I was able to put together a lot of food without forgetting anything--well--just the fruit salad.

Anyway, I just proved the fourth can be done without drinking--so I hope the rest of us get through it as easily.

Still going!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

Well done Missy - Life's better when ............
Old 07-04-2011, 01:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Right on Missy , I was nice wasn't it , I myself have not been sober for the 4th in as long as I can remember

I went to a AA party first for that also and really had a nice time meet some good peps and came home read a little of my book and woke up(not come to ) and remembered the day awesome

Today Monday will be two weeks for me , lets keep this streak goin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace Dylan
Old 07-04-2011, 02:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job Missy and Indamiricale :arms
Old 07-04-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done, Missy! Congrats on day 15 and a Happy Independence Day to you. Glad you had fun without the booze.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Missy!
Congrats on breaking your 5-6 day relapse cycle! You never believed you could. Now you can. :ghug3
Old 07-04-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Well, I went to a beer garden with my daughter at a rodeo today and I drank water. Then we went to dinner, I had lemonade. I'm doing okay but I just don't feel happy about it right now. I'm tired and depressed and I know that despite the long term effects, two gin and tonics would fix it.

I have a lot of questions but I won't ask them now. The clarity of this journey is a little less clear right now.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great work on staying sober for that event! It deffinately helps having a drink in your hand. I had a graduation party a few weeks ago and was buying jugs of rasbery and cokes. they probably have more sugar in them than beer though lol.

Keep it uP!