at a loss for words....

Old 11-24-2003, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

at a loss for words....

i am not very verbal today...just dont want to constantly post here about the same stuff. Dont want to post about the manipulating ex guitary player boyfriend who has my line of credit for his motorcycle. Dont want to complain about the ex husband, dont want to complain about work again...just looking forward to the day when I can come here and post that all is good , that i am in a functional relationship with someone i am sincerely in love with and am happy overall....that's all. till then i remain silent.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Diva...I find that oftentimes it is the day that I have nothing to say..that really says the most. It means that Sonny hasn't done something horrible...It means that I haven't gotten a call from the Mesquite Police Department...It means that my life is still intact.

I don't know about anybody else...but my non drama days..the ones that I DON'T write about...those are my best days. LOL.

Coming here and just saying hi...just checking in...wanted to let you all know I am still here....Nothing wrong with that in the least. Good to hear from you.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Diva -
I think that the functional relationship we should be looking for is the one with OURSELVES. The good relationship with someone else is the icing on the cake. Until we are comfortable and happy with ourselves it is almost impossible to find that with another. We need to learn to enjoy the small things in life first and build on them. Hope you will take the time to work on yourself and do something nice for you!

Hugs, Jo
Old 11-24-2003, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Diva

I am throwing out a challenge to you.

First, re-read your post above. Then....don't post about guitar guy, don't post about ex, don't post about "next" dream guy.

But I challenge you to post three things about YOU.

1. I want to hear what you plan to do this week to be good to yourself and a commitment that you WILL do it. Anything at all, but something that is all about you.

2. I want to hear you tell me 5 nice things about yourself, even if it takes you hours to think of them. I don't even know you, and I can think of several, but I want to hear it from you.

3. I want you to post an affirmation for yourself. An example would be "I am Diva, a blessed child of God, worthy of love and respect". No fair using that one again.

I know you can do it and I know that you ARE a wonderful person. But for now, I want to hear it from you. There will be a prize upon completion. I promise.

You know I care, and you know I am asking with love in my heart,.

You go girl - I'll be watching.

Hugs
Ann
Old 11-25-2003, 02:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Moving this back up cause I see you here, Deva.

Hugs
Ann
Old 12-02-2003, 07:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hey Diva

Don't make me come looking for you
Old 12-03-2003, 03:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Ann, you told her to take her time

Come on Diva! We are rooting for you. Ann just recently had a hold of the skillet and I heard it can hurt

Take care.
Debbie
Old 12-03-2003, 04:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Diva,
I just want to say that I care too. I know how the blue low days feel. I trust that we both are moving forward. Hang in there, better days are on the way!
Old 12-03-2003, 06:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ann,

Im going to take your challenge cus I too am down in the dumps,,,lets see if this will make me feel better:

3 things to do this weekend:

1. Go X mas shopping, with a list, and NOT complain about all the people in the malls.

2. Take my son to the movies

3. Go to some al anon meetings

5 things good about myself:

1. I like my hair
2. I did some 12th step work last night that made me feel worthy.
3. I like to laugh and think I have good sense of humor
4. I take criticism *better* than I used to
5. I am a good listener.

Affirmation:

"I am confident and able to love and give love"

Lets hope this works! Thanks for the GREAT idea!!