Notices

I feel so peaceful and calm

Old 07-01-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I feel so peaceful and calm

I wish this feeling could last forever. I have been such a freakin wreck since I got home. Hell since way before I got home. I have been stressing out and my moods have been all over the place. But tonight. I just feel really peaceful. Like nothing in the world could go wrong. I love feeling like this. I feel like this alot too. It just never lasts. But nothing ever does.
I have been working out for the past 2 weeks. My man sent me a workout plan and I have been doing it religiously. I just got back from a mile walk in the nice cool summer night. Fireworks oing off somehwere down the street. Everything is just perfect right now.
It is a nice break from the hell I have been in inside my head for months.
Just wanted to share.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Thanks for sharing. I'm happy for you and wish you continued peace of mind and good vibes.

Good job on the working out, too. Endorphins and increased confidence are powerful things!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Early sobriety is an up and down time. I'd be on top of the world one moment, crashing the next, wondering why couldn't it last? In my second year sober, it's an improvement, I am managing my moods better - many people stabilize with continued sobriety and ongoing recovery in place. If not it may be time to consult with a professional.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's rather interesting how many times I have read the word "peace" or "peaceful" or "at peace" throughout people's threads and posts. And that is one true wonderful joy of sobriety I've found now at the end of my 8th day. I do feel more peace in my days and in my mind. Thank you for reminding us how much a part of being sober it is.

Be well.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I have an appt Wed with a pdoc for med management and to address these mental issues I have denying for years. I think its time to be real and just accept that I do have some issues. And do something about it instead of driving myself insane and keep self medicating. My first step in a right direction hopefully. I am thinking about doing IOP. I am going to call a lady that use to give me rides to meetings and see if she wouldnt mind scoopin me up and taking me again. I am ready to make some kind of effort.
Music always helps me feel calm and peaceful. I have had Pandora on all night.