Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Well, even though I won't be staying there overnight for a bit

Old 07-01-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel so much better knowing now that the apartment is mine! Paid the first month's rent yesterday, will get the keys today(the previous tenant apparently forgot to leave them, so either the landlord will get them in the mail today, or it will be rekeyed today) and will start moving things in tonight after work(well, what I have in the van at least)

Then tomorrow we'll be starting on getting everything out from my sister's basement.

As for the boy, he does have a detention hearing today at 1, and it's possible that he will get out for the weekend. Which would help the moving thing immensely. Even his probation officer said that the move will be helpful in the "keep geographical distance between DS and his buddies".
Old 07-01-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you!!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So today is the first day of your new beginning. Enjoy!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so excited for you.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yay, Pixil! This is wonderful!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Woot Woot!

That is very exciting. You've worked so hard to get here. Congrats
Old 07-01-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have worked hard, but I know I still have more work to do.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes you do but please know it will be easier in your own space This was a big step.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You rock. I'm so very happy for you.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
dbh

Best of luck with your new home!

Also, thank you so much for sharing your story. When I came to SR, I was at a point where I had pretty much forgiven my alcoholic father but still had some resentment towards my mother for all the things that she did/didn't do to protect us from him. Over the past couple of months I have gained a new appreciation for effort involved in getting out of a relationship with an alcoholic. It's such a huge accomplishment! I admire your strength.

Wishing you all the best.

db
Old 07-01-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am just tickled pink for you, gal!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Frak frak FRAK stupid freaking court put my new address(because I gave it to the probation officer) on DS's court papers, which were delivered about 20 minutes ago. And AH was just reading through them. He just left to go deposit two checks, but will be back soon. FRAK!!

BTW, DS is out on home detention for the weekend, court at 10am on Tuesday.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh dear....

Sometimes our HP decides when it's time to spill the beans about something.

Do you think he even noticed? I'm a little nervous about this for you, I just want you to be safe. Please let us know what happens when he gets back.

Maybe he didn't notice, but at the same time, he's going to find out sooner or later. Sometimes there is just no such thing as perfect timing
Old 07-01-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Crossing my fingers and saying my prayers for you. What's your backup plan?

- Sylvie
Old 07-01-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Betcha he doesn't even notice.

If he does, ask, "Let me see." Examine paper with a puzzled look and say, "Huh. That's weird."

I agree, he is going to find out shortly, one way or another. He will be entitled to have his son's address. Hopefully you will be safely esconced in your new place before that happens.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Okay, he did see it and realize it. He played dumb until I left for work, and then promptly called me and told me not to bother coming back to the house. and then he proceeded to text me all night at work(yes, I did still actually do my job)

I have called the crisis center, and basically, unless he says I can come back to the house, I can't, and I can't go get the kids without a court order either. What I CAN do is if he starts drinking, DS has the instructions to text me, and I will have a welfare check done on them. Otherwise, there really isn't anything I can do at the moment. Also, if Ah leaves the house, DS has been told to let me know because then he is violating the court order for DS to be under 100% adult supervision, and then I will have the sheriff there to watch me pick up the kids(same with the welfare check)

Horrible, crappy timing, if I had known they would put my new address down on the court paperwork, I never would have given them the new address(his prob. officer AND the court appointed attorney both know why I am leaving). To think, I needed less than 24 hours to get the kids, the cat, and the rest of the belongings out safely. The kids are truly what I am most worried about, everything else can be replaced.

I am oddly calm, the crisis center call person says it's because I know deep down that this truly won't change anything, it's just a bump in the road. I am currently at my sister's house, where I will stay until the morning when we do the moving, so I will be at my new place tomorrow. Please though everyone, keep me in your thoughts. I WILL get thru this.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
DMC

Hugs and prayers. You can do this! And yes, it's just a bump in the road.
We're here with you!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You may be able to get the court to order your son to stay with you, when you go to court on Tuesday. From what you've said, your son is on board with the move. The juvenile court has complete control over where he lives. You could also mention at that time that you need to continue to get your, your son's, and necessary household items out of the house without interference. And the court might specifically order that, too (it's worth a try). The juvenile court is all about providing a stable home for the juveniles under supervision.

If you do go back to pick stuff up, I'd call the local police to have an officer stand by to make sure there are no problems.

Dang, sorry things took a turn, but glad you are keeping your cool. You're right, it will all work out in the end.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

So Independence Weekend takes on a whole new meaning for you!

Stoked for you!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Pixil,

Thinking of you today and hoping that the move went smoothly.
Good luck getting back together with your kids, I know it means the world to you.

Keep doing the next right thing