Notices

On day two!

Old 06-28-2011, 11:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool On day two!

Hello I am a perocet addict on day two of not having anything. I felt okay today, I was super lethargic and my legs were killing me all day. The stupid part is I'm trying to sleep right now and it's not working. I took a fourth of a cyclobenzaprine to help me sleep but I don't think it worked. They normally knock me right out. I've tried to do this before, and I was always super broke before so I was always forced into it. This time it was my decision and I'm still feeling strong about quitting, except now I'm just afraid of getting paid on Friday so I don't go buy some :-/ anyone have any tips on staying strong with $ in your pocket?
Old 06-29-2011, 12:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi DoingIt

Congratulations on day 2- Welcome

I have no experience with percs at all, but I think most people will tell you about the value of support.

Have you got any support besides us?
Ever spoken to your Dr or a counsellor or tried NA or one of the other group like SMART?

Personally, I think the more support we can find, the better our outlook is

Of course you'll always find support here - we also have a substance abuse forum you may be interested in as well

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 06-29-2011, 12:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi DoingIt and welcome to the forum - I don't know much about percocet withdrawal, but with alcohol the insomnia is really annoying at first. I heard somewhere that if you just rest, you'll at least get most of what your body needs.

When I got sober I stayed glued to this place and it really helped me to get my mind off of how much I wanted to drink. There's always NA (or AA) too......

We have a section for substance abuse you may want to check out:Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Hang in there and see a doc if the withdrawals get bad.....:ghug3
Old 06-29-2011, 12:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Doingit - congrats on day 2.

How much would you spend on Fri for your fix? Take that amount, and either -

A) Put half in the bank and spend the rest on something nice (dinner, new sneakers, video game, book, etc.)

B) Spend the entire amount on you as a treat for getting sober.

I (do) did spend a lot of my paychecks on myself- groceries, new running shoes, games, books, on and on and on....but the way I see it I was probably spending way less than my drinking would have cost me and it was conducive to my new healthy lifestyle (books- good! running shoes- good! food- good! games? entertainment for hours- way good! lol).

Anyhoo, seriously if you are scared that having free cash might be too tempting plot out what you want to treat yourself too that is healthy and after you cash that paycheck go buy whatever it is and be done with it. You'll have more paychecks and the more time you spend sober the more comfortable you'll be about having spare cash in your pocket!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys, that helped. I di have a support system actually, my whole family is rooting for me I'm trying to do this with my sister whom I live with, and we talk about it and joke around but as soon as we both start craving we leave eachother alone because we both end up talking eachother Into going to get some. My dealer also lives across the street, I feel like I'm just set up for failure!

Oh dear I'm ramblig again. My bad
Old 06-29-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good advice here. Another recommendation: get that dealers number out of your phone! Bummer they live right across the street but hey, I rarely see my neighbors.....
Old 06-29-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah, good thing I don't see her much. Except I work at the corner store that she frequents so I'm going to have to rely on my willpower to leave it alone, and actually even though I'm on day 3 I feel pretty good about being able to do so successfully. I wrote down why I'm doing this and why it will be so worth it so whenever I feel hopeless I just reread it and it gives me that peace of mind Im looking for.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi congragulations on day two. I am an alcaholic and also have a gambling problem. i remmeber in my first few months gamble free I would limit how much money I had available. E.g have tow bank accounts and rip up cards to one of them. I did this and it meant that if I wanted to access large sums of money it would take a day to get transfered into my bank.

Cairns
Old 06-29-2011, 04:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for getting to Day 3!

I have no practical advice to offer, but do plan tobuy something special for yourself with the money.