Ughh

Old 06-28-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ughh

I have shared off/on over the past few years here. Mostly done a lot of reading of others posts, and in a few of my darker moments shared and got the support I needed. I am at a loss to even explain where I am within myself these most recent days. My 23 yr old AS was sentenced to 3 years in prison last Friday. I am .... well I don't even know to be honest. His drug court option he failed and the contract he signed was that he would go to prison for 4 years if he failed. 3 is better than 4 BUT..... I know he must feel the consequences for his poor choices but.....

Thank you all for listening and prayers to everyone!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Awwww ((((seacup)))) I'm sorry to hear about your precious son. I so hope that he will use this time wisely.

Hugs and prayers for your hurting mother's heart.

HG
Old 06-28-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for your kind words HG. May he be safe and find his HP and Recovery!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Consequences are sometimes big, very big, aren't they?

Hugs from one momma of an addict to another!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes they are! Huge in this situation. Sadly this is for a crime he committed when he was 17 years old. He was indicted in Jan of 2010, but just could not take control of his addiction. Most days I am able to remind myself that he was living on the streets at risk every moment of every day, and that I am lucky to be able to visit him in a jail rather than sit at a grave. It still hurts so deeply and in a different way. More than I imagined over the past 14 weeks while he was in the county jail waiting for sentencing. I thought I was prepared for this and than WHAM nope I am not at all prepared. Hugs to all!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My AD has been incarcerated several times. Unfortunately the only thing she seems to learn in there is how to be a better criminal, and makes new jailhouse friends. Ugh.

I understand the pain, I truly do!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. My son had several stints in county jail- the initial incidemt occurred when he was 20, & initially he received a deferred judgment. However, because he didn't comply with the requirements of probation, and also had several other violations (all because he was active in addiction) things mushroomed. After serving sentences adding up to about 6 months, he served a 16 months in a halfway house. It could have been worse and the forced sobriety probably saved his life. Still, it was very sad seeing him go to jail. I know this is SO hard for you, but there are services available if he takes advantage of themm and if he earns "good time" he will probably be able to get out in less than 3 years. Hang in there! Wishing you & your son the best.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so, so sorry, my son spent 18 months in jail. I remember how I felt on his sentencing day, I was hoping he would get time served since he had already been locked up 9 months. Hang in there and focus on the fact that he is alive and will have time to get clean and make plans for the rest of his life. He is still very young. There is hope, big hugs for you today.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I truly wish I could give you a gentle hug in person. I can only imagine how much your mother's heart hurts right now. You and your dear son will be in my prayers.

I hope that you have a good support system and are able to attend some f2f meetings. The folks in those meetings understand and can give you the support you need to face the next three years with grace.

gentle hugs from another mom
ke