Notices

Day 6 Of Hellish Sobriety

Old 06-28-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 Of Hellish Sobriety

Today is day 6. I have never had such a horrible detox in my life. Usually they only last 2 days, but even last night I was having the sweats, but I slept a LOT better. Today I feel good, and very motivated to get things done, and boy do I have a lot to do.

Usually by now, I would be itching for a drink, but on Friday night, my partner is coming home to help me clean the house for the realtors, then we are taking the dogs and heading back to RI so he can finish the rest of his internship before coming back to MO for the last 2 semesters of school. I feel like I have something to look forward to.

This forum has been comforting to me in a big way. To know that so many people out there are who are dealing with the same thing I am helps me feel less isolated, and gives me more strength. The next few weeks will be tough, but I am sure you guys will be here to help me and everyone else through it all!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Congratulations on Day 6, Legend. Sorry that your detox has been so rough. It's great that you have something to look forward to.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling better, and keep coming here and reading and posting.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry it has been rough for you but it does get easier. I'm glad your feeling better, hang in there.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It becomes a bit different each day. I was going to say easier but for me that is not always true. My sponsor told me to "do the next indicated thing." this was very helpful for me in my "boy do I have a lot to do mode." I will let myself become overwhelmed with things to keep myself busy and before I know it, I am stressing and then want the ease and comfort of a drink. Glad you are here with us. Congrats on your 6 days.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations Legend. I'm at nine days and am functioning without alcohol for the first time i a long time. It's very nice to think that it doesn't have to always be the center of your existence.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 6. I am afraid each detox is worse than the previous ones. They get worse over time. But it is also true that you will feel much better as you gain more sobriety time.

I couldn't imagine how wonderful is being sober (not exaggerating).

Sorry, my english is poor.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Remember how tough this detox was. You never have to go through it again if you stay sober.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good for you!!! Yes, this place isn't going anywhere there are too many of us! LOL So post away, I know I will.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!! As I said, reading this forum has been instrumental in my recovery. Every time I am tempted for a drink I just need to remember how it destroys my life, and if I need support then you better believe I will be coming here for it!