June 27 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 06-27-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

June 27 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

June 27 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

We who really try to use the Al-Anon program have various reasons to be grateful as we see the results. This was one member’s experience, which she told her friends at a meeting.

Her greatest difficulty concerned her children. “I never knew what to do about them when my husband came home drunk and disorderly. I felt they should be shielded from violence, yet overprotection wouldn’t be good for them. I didn’t want to influence them against their father; I knew he loved them, and they, him.

“I found all the answers in Al-Anon. I made sensible explanations about their father’s illness and found them naturally compassionate. I avoided scenes by not allowing my frustrations to erupt into anger. I tried hard to be consistent and fair to them. The results have been everything I hoped for, and I am so grateful to Al-Anon for this.”

TODAY’S REMINDER

Our children are a FIRST THING to consider FIRST. Our attitude is the key to a successful family relationship – and their normal growing up.

“And above all, I never use the children as pawns in any conflicts. They respond so well to respect.”