Notices

Back for the 2nd try!!!

Old 06-27-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Back for the 2nd try!!!

Hello again I back after my first fall and hopfully my last. I lasted 9 days last month before I took that first drink and within a week I was right back to where I was 12-20beers and a good 5-10 heavy shots. Ugh!!

So needless to say I had not been here awhile.

Till Friday 17th I said lets do this again, this time while detoxing I was violently ill, so sunday night monday morning I went to the ER in stead of almost trying to die that way ,like my last detox.

After I arrived at a still rest my blood pressure was 189/156 and a heart rate of 135 crazy huh thank god I went. so I stayed two days released with meds and went home and rested a couple.

Now made a appointment to get myself a personal doc, which I have not had since I was a teenager,, now 39 being in the resturant bus. its real rare to get health care. But since I lost my job because all this **** ,at least now I can have almost free hjealth care. Crazy it takes working all your life only to lose your job to get care here in the beautiful US!!!

Anyway by friday I called a friend that I knew was involed in AA, and went to my first meeting ever Sat, then looked in my beginners packet Sun saw one not to far from home and last minute jumped on my bike as in bicycle and rode up there.

Was definalitly scared to walk in by myself and almost left, but took a deep breath and walked through and just sat down, after words so happy I did not only did I hear a great lead that totally related to me I was proud of myself when I got home. Thats been a long time for that kind of feeling.

So tonight is yet another meeting at another new place so maybe after a week or so I can decide on a home.!!!!

I failed last time definalty cause I thought I could do it by myself and there is absolutly no way for me to do that.

Thanks for letting me rant and its feels great to be back at SR ,by the way if I make it through today that would be day 7, I should not say if today, cause I feel great its the days ahead I have to worry about when they come.

Peace!!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there IndaMiricale ... nice to meet u.. I find in sobriety..It was a big lesson for me that I couldnt do it alone and the more support I got around me..AA, positive people, Dr's etc.. the more chance I had to make it...my big hurdle was to actually ask for that help..lol

Welcome back...7 days is awesome... I cant let myself think that far ahead yet...
Old 06-27-2011, 09:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Inda - I'm really glad you're adding new things
I hope this will be your turning point

D
Old 06-27-2011, 11:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Good to hear you're reaching out, Inda! I know exactly what you mean when you talked about being proud of yourself for taking that step. I'm finding that feeling good about my life is a better high than that temporary buzz that ends up making us ill.

Thanks for posting what you've been through - you're helping us stay sober too!8
Old 06-27-2011, 11:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on coming back and congrats on your 7th day!!

BTW, don't apologise for ranting, that's on of the things this place is here for...
Old 06-28-2011, 02:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow you did so many things right I wish every newcomer would read your post.
  • You went to the ER during a bad detox. BP that high is dangerous and can cause a stroke. You didn't mention it, but I am sure they gave you anti-seizure meds as well (I know they did with me).

• You called a friend in recovery. Any friend would do but the fact the he/she is in recovery is ideal

• You went to AA, even though it was uncomfortable. Again any program would likely help, but you had the courage to do it.

• You went to a Dr after the immediate emergency care was completed

• You posted here on SR

In my case, I need ALL OF THE ABOVE to stay centered and sober. Congrats on your positive actions.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well movin in 9 days down 4 meetings in 4 days , they really help me alot. Being reading the big book for the first time.

Have not found a sponsor yet but I have only been to four meetings at three places so it will come when it is supposed to. I love to go to a meeting tonight but, dont have any to close to me this evening bummer.

Looks like I do a lot of reading in my leizure section right now I reading a Dean Koontz novel, cant just read about AA lol I 'll go nuts.

Heres to another day of soberity!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace
Old 06-29-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Nice to meet you also , dont think its to far off just think of that next minute or hour or to a day whatever keeps you sober for that second

Peace
Old 06-29-2011, 03:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Indamiracle

Welcome back and thats awesome that you are being very productive this time!

Cairns
Old 06-29-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm really glad you did go to the ER....
and now you are off to a new start....excelent!

Yes you can win over alcohol..