Notices

A nervous Hello....

Old 06-27-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A nervous Hello....

Hello All, I have been nervously observing the Newcomers threads for a few days now and have plucked up the courage to say Hello I am on Day 6 and things appear to be going ok, apart from a tensing pain quite high in my stomach (I would imagine in my liver) I was wondering if anybody coud advise me on this? I have read lots of threads over the past few days (many with tears in my eyes) I am quite shy and quiet and this seems like a lovely place of support.

Thanks for taking the time to read this
Old 06-27-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Epskie - I was nervous, too! But, keep reading and keep posting! I'm into Day 4, and I'm so glad I found this site. If you haven't joined in on the Class of June 2011 thread, please do. You won't be disappointed.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wellcome, Epskie.

All I can say about is that I have 74 days of sobriety and I feel great. Sobriety is great. You will feel much better in a few days and even much more better in a few weeks. Anxiety has reduced dramatically. I feel myself 15 years younger, even my skin is more radiant. My depression disappeared. I feel comfortable talking with others (I was a little shy). I wake up without a hangover and can sleep well. I cannot understand why I drank so much... life is much more better without booze.

Sorry, my english is not very good.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Epskie - it is all very nerve racking, but everybody here is wonderful. You will not be judged. Just keep moving forward. Keep posting!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, both of you. Where will I find the Class of June thread? I would like to join (still getting used to the site) I have noticed that already my anxiety is dissipating and my vision is sharper, I just would like this pain to go, however I am only on Day 6 so good things come to those who wait
Old 06-27-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Under the newcomers forum which is where this post is. It's about the 11th one down. You'll see it. Not sure about your pain, put that post in the June posting, and maybe some one will see it there and have a suggestion.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2011-a-18.html

It is good to talk with your doctor to check. Sobriety rocks. I'm a completely new person.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mariano - how'd you attach the link? Just so I know for future reference. And congrats on 74 days!

Every body enjoy the rest of your day! Looking forward to reading more posts later.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Epskie - welcome and glad you posted.

We can't offer medical advice here (I don't really have any, anyway!)- but I'll share my experience. One of the many reasons I came here and am in my early sobriety (I'm only on day 22) is that I was experiencing pain in my right side under my rib cage, assuming to be my liver - for months. It terrified me, but I was too scared to go to the Dr.

I will say - stop if you are reading webmd or any of that online stuff. It's just gonna scare you more. I'm not a hypochondriac but I have convinced myself of having many serious issues by self-diagnosing. It gets you nowhere but crazy!!

I have a dr's appt on Wed after 3 yrs from my previous appt - I plan on coming totally clean about my drinking the past few years and finding out the condition my liver is in now - and dealing with it. I will say, the pain went away after about a week-10 days but I'm sure I've done some damage.

After having some sober days under my belt, I'm much less anxious about going and just ready to tell the truth and get healthy. I was so anxiety ridden and didn't have that courage until reading many supportive posts from people to just get to the Dr. and move forward.

Hope this helps - and I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Buelah View Post
Mariano - how'd you attach the link? Just so I know for future reference. And congrats on 74 days!

Every body enjoy the rest of your day! Looking forward to reading more posts later.
I just copied and pasted, from Internet Explorer.

Take care. Sobriety is great. I don`t want to drink. I love being sober, so now I don't want to drink. It is disgusting and thinking about it makes me feel sick.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
"I'll Be Free...or Die!"

I am nervous too. A lady is coming tonight to take me to my first meeting... Please see a doctor about that pain. Thank you for your courage. God Bless...
Old 06-27-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Epskie

You'll find a lot of support here

Bratnik's right though - it's always best to check with your Dr about any pain or anything you're concerned about

D
Old 06-27-2011, 10:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome epskie - glad you decided to join us! Congratulations on 6 days sober - it's a little scary at first, but hang in there and take it one day at a time. It will get better!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
MINEr

Can't add much to what has been said, except to keep fighting the good fight. Good luck!

(I'd wish you welcome too, but have only been here a day, and am noobish myself, so I guess were welcoming each other)
Old 06-28-2011, 07:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR