Notices

Hi =]

Old 06-26-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi =]

hello everyone,

So I am twenty two and have been drinking regularly since I was about 16 along with other things that I am not proud of. I'm not really sure what I am doing here, I know I do not want to drink anymore, but i am not sure I have a problem, but I'm also not saying that I don't.

I drink usually two times a week sometimes three. I do not crave or need to drink it is usually something brought on by boredom or social drinking with my friends. I have a problem with cutting myself off I drink to the point of passing out or blacking out usually. Both my parents are or were alcoholics, my dad passing from cancer due to smoking and drinking in 2007, my mother on the other hand didn't start heavily drinking until about 2006 or so. Because of both of them being alcoholics this waves red flags for me going down the same road as they have.

Throughout the past six years that I have been drinking I have done countless things that were directly caused by my drinking like being arrested, sexual relations with friends but friends that I would not do those things with sober, and have done a couple types of drugs, and fighting with loved ones or strangers whomever was in my path that night. So after a heavy drinking night last week I have decided enough is enough, I don't believe I did anything wrong that night but I was blacked out. I just can't deal with what drinking is doing to my life and the thought of how many friends I have lost from alcohol makes me sick to my stomach.

So today I am eight days sober, it has not been hard besides some mood swings probably cause I usually drink to relieve stress. As well as I am doing though I know I need help to completely stop. That is why I have joined this support group and am thinking about attending my first AA meeting tomorrow night.

Thank you for allowing me to share.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Love, Light & Peace

I am new here too...planning on attending my first AA meeting tomorrow night also!

We can do it!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR abd112 - congratulations on yr 8 days

D
Old 06-27-2011, 09:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's awesome Layladylay! All the best to you in your recovery! I didn't get the chance to make it a meeting today, instead I spent the night with my daughter ordering pizza and watching movies! Being with her is more sobering for me then going to an AA meeting, but maybe next week!

Still strong with nine days!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR. Glad you are here
Old 06-27-2011, 11:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome abd - getting sober allowed me to be more open/connected to my kids, too. It's a good feeing. Congratulations on your sober time!