Notices

3 months to day 1

Old 06-26-2011, 05:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 months to day 1

Where to start? The pass week I've been drinking everyday. Before last week I didn't drink for 3 months. It really sux because I was doing really good. Going to the gym, going to work and not drinking. Now I have to start over again. I just can't drink anymore. It's no more fun. The alcohol takes control of me and I drink and drink. I'm detoxing at hom now. Not fun, nervous, sore and little nails throw my body. Drinking OJ and honey and I can eat now. My last drink was yesterday around 3 am. I can't put myself through this because I don't want to die by this.

I have anxiety and depression. My thoughts are I can't drink period. If will need to be different now because if I don't stop then I will never be happy.

Thanks for reading.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear that Act10n.
Glad you're back here though

What are your plans to help make it different this time, man?

D
Old 06-26-2011, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As Dee said, what are you going to do different this time? Are you working a program of recovery? For me to be sober I had to stop trying to quit by myself and get involved with AA.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you are struggling, but you knew what to do. Now you have to do it--as we all have to. I am on here this morning for myself. If I can make sense of others' problems with alcohol, then I can reinforce what I know about my own. And that's true for you too. You have a long stretch of sobriety. Talk about that and you will remember why you did what you did and maybe make sense of this recent fall.

Hang in there!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there Action. Maybe a visit to your Doctor is in order? He may be able to help you through this. Perhaps a program of you choosing (AA, Smart, Counseling) might give you some tools to assist you.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 06-26-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I'm still sore and having nightmares when I fall asleep. I'm guessing that normal but the nightmares are very very scary. They feel really real and I know there are nightmares. I think I had about 10 now.

Just want my life back and let go of alcohol for good. I just don't want to deal with this stuff anymore.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

WB action!
I am glad for you. Getting your life back? It is there for the taking and you've started already. Continued success on hanging in there!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just took a shower and to get my life back in line. Just thinking the amount of alcohol I consume and I think it's not to move on and just give up with the alcohol. In the last few years I probably consume about 25 years worth of alcohol for a normal person. I know it's not going to be easy and I got 3 months on my belt but having a remember like going to AA will keep me from drinking Just that extra remember that hey remember why your here and remember those really bad hangovers.

My color is coming back and the soreness is getting better. Just hope I don't lose my job over this stupid thing. I call in work and tell them I was throwing up. He said see you in Monday and just help that end of it and no longer do this again.

June 25 2011 (sober)
Old 06-26-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you back and working on your recovery again.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Act10n, I hope your past the worst of the detox by now, learn from your mistakes and get back at it. You can do this!