Gotta let this stuff go. .

Old 06-25-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gotta let this stuff go. .

So I"ve been coming here for a while and dealing with codependency. I really just want closure but it's difficult. Seems different everytime my ex and I run into each other I never know what to expect. .one day it's nice and pleasant and a huge smile and the next it's just a nose in the air and I don't exist. .I don't exist to an extent cause every chance my ex is staring at me. People I'm with tell me my ex is constantly staring at me. .

Then today my ex sees me talking to someone that my ex didn't like me speaking to when we were together, somene I had been with. .my ex calls the current care takers (my ex is in relationship with a married couple and lives with them and their kids)to come to the restaurant we were at and they put on this huge display to try and upset me. I was at a restaurant where my ex works but was fired from 2 yrs before for stealing, using drugs, etc. Dunno how that happened, the rehire. Imagine my surprise to see my ex there. .so the "husband" goes and sits in my ex's section for an hour until my ex gets off shift and then the "wife" comes and instead of leaving they all have dinner. My friends were like man your ex keeps staring over here.

What can I do to get passed this? Doing my own thing works but it gets tough a lot of time when my ex does things to purposely hurt me. .ya know.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry you have to deal with this!!

To me it is his way of trying to continue his ways of effecting you. It is very hard to forget the ways that we are treated and almost oddly "Normal" to go through it again. But remember you are working on you and you can see how silly it is how he acts!!

Be the strong and better person that you know you are!!!

)))HUGSS(((
Old 06-26-2011, 06:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Since we can't contol the behaviour of another person, no matter how rude or bad, my suggestion would be to remove yourself from this kind of situation whenever it happens and try to avoid anyplace he might be. I think that when you realized he was there, it might have been a good time to change restaurants.

It doesn't mean you are running and hiding from him, it means you are not putting yourself in a position where he can stare at you and bother you.

We are not responsible for the behaviour of others, but we are responsible for how we react to it. And when we know better, we do better.

Good luck next time something like this happens.

Hugs