Still Very Hard!

Old 06-25-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Still Very Hard!

I am so glad I found this forum. I ran into a good friend of my XABF last night. They have been friends for a very long time and her feelings about the situation mirror my own. I suggested this site to her.

He called me last night. He was drunk. I knew he would be before I answered. He could barely even get his words out. At one point in the conversation he actually said "who is this, I can't remember who I called." It really breaks my heart. To see anyone like that. I kept the conversation short and I told him have a good night and hung up. It was easier than it has been in the past. I used to feel the need to go to his house and take care of him. I was always worried that he was going to hurt himself, or pass out and choke on his own vomit. But I can't be there everytime he drinks. So I am still detaching. Its hard. I still love him and it kills me when he tells me that he thinks no one cares about him. Hoping I don't hear from him tonight because I am feeling weak right now.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope you have a peaceful day and night, it is so hard to be in love with someone who because of the disease can not love you back in the same way. Glad you were able to stay strong last night.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As hard as it was, I learned to hang up on my EXAH when he called after I realized it was him on the other end. Up till that point I was volunteering to get emotionally twisted over his garbage he talked on the phone. Had caller ID been around back then, I never would have answered.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It has been a real struggle. I really thought he was never going to talk to me again. When he called me, it caught me off guard. I was stood up last night by my guitar player who was going to work with me on original music :-( so naturally he was like what are you doing looking for a guitar player when you have one right here. Its terrible but really when I was writing the songs I was thinking of him. His mom has really put the pressure on him lately to get sober and he is really sad about losing his friends. I really miss him.