mad again...

Old 11-23-2003, 05:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
way

Angry mad again...

Hello dear my friends,

Please let me vent my anger out.

It seems like that my husband has finally quit drinking, BUT turned out to be an drug addict.

One night, he came home acting funny, he did not smell any. Same thing happened again and again... then his mother told me about his alcoholic sister that she was prescribed pain medicines and got addicted... it hit me, he was not suffering from the withdraws much, and remembered that he went to see his spotrs Dr. for his Arthritis.

I finally found a bottle of a pain medicine this afternoon, lots of the tablets were missing. Then reserched on it, found a webpage, it says "If you have ever had a problem with alcohol addiction, make sure your doctor is aware of it." Well, YES his Dr. has known his problem, but he just does not remember a thing, I know this because he did not remember me the third time that we met. He did the same thing to his sister also, he should have known better.

I know that I cannot blame on anybody for his problem, but is it permitable? Dr. could kill his patients. I will definately tell this to the Dr.

My husband father talked to him yesterday, and he went back to an AA today and enjoyed it, saying that he will go tomorrow as well, he got a book for As on the side of the bed... he dinied that he was taking a pain pills though. I hope this time he would be able to stick onto it.

On my side, I got upset last night, then got mad at me, today I did better, but still need to learn a lot and a meditation. I am tired, but I still have power and hope, so will be all right.

Hope it was a good day for all of you and will be better tomorrow.

way
Old 11-23-2003, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Way

Just keep focusing on you and things will get better. The doctor does not sound competant, but I believe that some of the responsibilty lies with the patient to remind any doctor of any allergies or special situation. It could mean the difference between life and death.

Hugs
Ann
Old 11-24-2003, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

My husband drinks and takes to pills. He goes to various doctors getting prescriptions. He takes them all together and mixes various combinations at his whim. I have told his primary care physicans and psychiatrists and counselors. And the doctors just go right on prescribing.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Way,
Well, what I hear is the fact that YOU are doing better....Keep the focus on what you need to do to make YOUR life better...I have to become aware of what I am doing to make life harder for me so I can live it happy, joyous, and free...

Blessings and happy thoughts.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
way

Thanks everyone!

I am in a health care field and I have seen and heard that Dr.s just prescribe without thinking, then it turns out to be troubles. They are supporsed to ask about the allergies and other prescriptions, but if they know you for a long time, sometimes they fail to ask, because they are BUSY. So, please be aware of it.

I moved to US to get married to this guy three years ago, no families here, just some friends, my best friend is back home now, just started going into the field that I wanted to be in. It might be easier for me to leave everything here and go back home, but it would not make me happier either, so need to strengthen myself here. Some of his family still suggest me to go home... but cannot. It is tough, but beleive that there is a way.

Thanks for your support.

way