Learning New Words

Old 06-22-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Learning New Words

I've had a couple of interactions with my ABF this week that I wanted to share:

1. I stopped by to pick up the car, and said something about being a few minutes late. He said 'You could have been here all night, and taken it any time.' And I didn't respond at all, I just let it hang there while I got a glass of water.

2. We were talking to a friend about my buying a little house. He said 'You've got a house right here in town' (which is only in his name, and not willed to me) and I responded with 'My sense of security is such an easy thing to fix.'

So I feel like I'm progressing. I'm going to the meeting in an hour, and asking for a sponsor. Do I just make a general announcement that I'm looking for someone, or do I ask someone in particular?

My ABF is presumably not drinking. Not recovering either.

I'm giving it a year to see what happens. It's been 2 months. Yesterday, someone dropped of 'Codependent No More', and I'll read that.

Thank you!

- Sylvie
Old 06-22-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by Sylvie66 View Post
I'm going to the meeting in an hour, and asking for a sponsor. Do I just make a general announcement that I'm looking for someone, or do I ask someone in particular?
Whatever you prefer.
If you've got someone in mind, you can ask directly.
If you don't have a specific person in mind, or feel uncomfortable asking anyone specifically, you could put out a general announcement and see what happens.
It's entirely your choice.

I agree, as well - you are doing a great job taking care of yourself and your emotions when you interact with him!