my father used to violate my boundaries often

Old 06-21-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool my father used to violate my boundaries often

during my 11 - 15 / 16 years even beyond like when we would argue he would rush at me threatening to punch me etc. I guess this has hadden some effect in that i find the concept of physical boundaries and trusting men difficult

can anyone relate
Old 06-21-2011, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I suspect all of us raised by alcoholics had our boundaries violated over and over, both physical and emotional. For some reason, an event has been on my mind lately from years ago, in which I was excited to find my boss (I was quite young) was going to pay me for my driving time between locatoins. My mother said well of course he should. As I've thought about this and other similar things, I've seen a pattern in myself of never expecting much of anything from anyone, being grateful for any little thing I get, and i do believe it's because of my parents' attitude that I shouldn't demand anything of them, that I shouldn't pressure them or push, that I should be grateful for what I got.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks evening. thanks for sharing. Sadly the A next door is reminding me of my father 'abusive drunk' days. Yesterday he made some trivial threats such as i will kill you if you put the rubbish in a certain place in the garden followed by more aggressive behavior.

Im really sad that he reminds me of my dad because my dad used to be horrible. Sometimes you could tell he was just in a unfair way. This was during my teen years.