That Little Girl!

Old 06-19-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

That Little Girl!

Over the weekend I have had to do some things that I have avoided, that I knew I needed to do to get through all this... It hasn't been easy and my gut hurts! But I have been telling myself that I have to do this to get to the other side.

Looking at posts tonight I saw your quote!

The best way out is always through. ~Robert Frost

Oh my goodness is that so true! It sums up my thoughts through this weekend. Trudging through... So glad you had that there.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi there, newnormal!

I'm sorry you are going through a hard time. Just wanted to offer a hug and let you know I understand. Another quote I like (don't know who it's by) is: "If you are going through hell, keep going!"

Take care! HG
Old 06-19-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Newnormal....

I hate those gut aches...I know that feeling well and one of the things that triggers them for me is when I have to set boundaries and keep them. I also get them when I feel that I am alone and floundering.

Anyway....just wanted to send you love and support and tell you that you are not alone. I really like that "if you're going through hell, keep going...". I'm at a stage in my life where I am struggling to place one foot in front of the other and keep going. I know that I will get to the other side if I just keep going. We can get through this together...I just know it. Years ago I use to read a story to my sons about "Going on a Bear Hunt". It talked about how you can't go under it, you can't go over it, you can't go around it, you have to go through it.

Like you, I just know that that is the only way. I put it off for a long time because I dreaded having to go through this stage. But....at least we've begun and that is further along than before we started, right?

Hugs!
Old 06-20-2011, 04:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I too was reminded of that saying, early in my recovery. And how true it was for me as well. And how good it felt when I finally walked out the other side of fear.

Recovery is not easy, it's very hard sometimes. But it is always always always worth the effort and hard work. The reward is peace and serenity.

Hugs
Old 06-20-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ThatLittleGirl

Newnormal, I am glad that quote spoke to you; I know it did for me!!!! In going through this process, I've learned there are no short cuts. It's hasn't been easy digging myself out of the hole I put myself in. I can tell you 2010 was unequivocally the most difficult year of my life. I still feel raw inside from all the pain. But I won't short-cut myself this time! I won't push my issues/emotions aside or hide them deep down. Instead, I try to face them. It's never easy (and I'm not always perfect at it), but once I make it through the finish line, I feel a peace that can't be obtained any other way.

I am so sorry you are having to go through such difficult times. When its hard, I try not to look too far ahead...I just focus on taking the next step...sometimes that's all I can do. You will make it through...and you will be glad you did the work necessary to ensure that when its all said and done, you are happy and healthy!

I wish you all the best...email me anytime!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 08:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reassurances! I'm terrible at this...but I imagine the more I stand up for myself and go through, the easier it will get (hopefully!). One day at a time for sure.