OT....a little humor

Old 06-17-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT....a little humor

I just got an email from the real estate agent that is selling my house. It also was sent to my attorney. It turns out that she is waiting to send the contract due to a quick change that my husband made to the contract.... the only thing that he wants from the house is one of the toilets. Can you imagine how this sounded to the buyers, the agent, and the attorney? Too funny.

The piece de restistance came from my fairly proper mother....a true southern belle/steel magnolia.....her comment was "well, he probably has a lot of sh*t to put in it". If you knew my mom and her true feelings this would be extrordinarily funny to you. Still, hope that you can appreciate the humor.

It made me belly laugh for the first time in 6 weeks. I'm still smiling about it. How symbolic....

Happy Friday!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

:rotfxko
Old 06-17-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ok......now that is the strangest request I have ever heard......unless he has something hidden in the tank!

Thanks for sharing. I'll be scratching my head on that one for a bit. My mom is also a lovely Southern lady with impeccable manners. If that came out of her mouth, I'd laugh too!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 06-17-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's funny! He really set himself up to be the butt (pun intended) of jokes for years to come!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh lordy, I just love your mother

And I am cracking up at Kindeyes because a toilet is such a common "stash" hiding place.

To avoid scaring off potential buyers with his weirdness, perhaps take the toilet out now and replace it with a new one. If I looked at a house and the agent said "the appliances and drapes stay but they are keeping the toilet" I'd run out the door faster than you could say "flush".

Thank you for the great laugh here.

Hugs
Old 06-17-2011, 07:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Everytime I think about this whole scenario I burst out laughing. What a giggle! I can't tell you how good it feels to just full out laugh for a change. I've definitely not been down in the dumps (for the most part) but that good ole belly laugh had gone underground until this happened.

I just keep picturing the buyers faces when they heard that the husband wanted one of the toilets.....they probably began to get some perspective of maybe why our marriage did not work. He is moving into an apartment so I am not quite sure what he is going to do with his "friend". I do have to admit that it actually is a pretty special toilet. It has a heated seat, 5 different temperatures/flow rates for cleansing (front or back), different wash angles, and then it will blow your bottom dry. It's supposed to eliminate the need for toilet paper - although I never got that far with it. A crazy, foolish way to spend money. But I just can't imagine toting a toilet around with me.....BUTT......who am I?
Old 06-18-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by lightseeker View Post
Too funny.

The piece de restistance came from my fairly proper mother....a true southern belle/steel magnolia.....her comment was "well, he probably has a lot of sh*t to put in it". If you knew my mom and her true feelings this would be extrordinarily funny to you. Still, hope that you can appreciate the humor.

It made me belly laugh for the first time in 6 weeks. I'm still smiling about it. How symbolic....

Happy Friday!

OMG!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

OMG, this is the funniest thing I've read all week.

Thank you.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So all he has to do is spew crap and the toilet kindly washes, dries and takes care of his every need?

Duh - he wants the toilet because it is codependent! :rotfxko
Old 06-18-2011, 03:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hahahaha!!!
A codependent toilet!! I love it!! I can just see my AH running to Lowe's to try to find one!!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I was laughing for sure and then I got to Purple Squirrel's comment about the codie toilet and I lost it. Hysterical.

There were so many times in my relationship with XABF that I wondered if he expected me to be wiping him bum as well in the mornings. I used to remind myself, I may be codependent, but that's just nuts. I wish I had known about this toilet, lightseeker, I would have handed him a brochure when we separated for when he went looking to replace me.

This cracks me up!

Alice
Old 06-18-2011, 07:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am so glad you explained what kind of toilet. When I first read your post, I thought: I bet it is a Toto toilet w/ all the bells & whistles. I used one at a friends house onetime & decided I had to have one. Then I found out the cost & decided I could live without it. haha! But it is something that one would notice missing if they were buying a house!

btw...your mother...hilarious!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OMG that is funny. I have been a realtor for 20 years and I have never run across that
exclusion. I suppose he just can't give up his Throne!
Thanks for the laugh..
Old 06-18-2011, 08:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

OMG! A codependent toilet! So right on.....it definitely "wipes your *ss"!

I have really laughed out loud about all of this. It's just so fitting that after taking his sh*t for so long that he wanted to take the toilet with him. I'm not around anymore so he needed somewhere to put it.

I'm still laughing out loud!!!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 04:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Maybe you could put a nice planter where the toilet used to be and hope nobody notices when looking at the house.

Or buy one of these...

Old 06-19-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Make sure to include a plunger as his free parting gift! :day6
Old 06-19-2011, 09:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

The seller of the first house I bought a million years ago, excluded the toilet, too. We still laugh about this, from time to time.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha

this is too funny ~ guess he didn't want to be the one to walk away without a "pot to pi$$ in"

some how I think these jokes could go on for days!!!!!!!!!!

love it!!

Best of luck to you selling the house and making a NEW Happy Life for YOU!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 06-20-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I think that toilet is enabling him! Needs to go to a meeting!
Old 06-21-2011, 08:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

These jokes are the best. Laughter always helps. I love it, the codie toilet needs to go to a meeting. Well good let him have the toilet so that he will always have someone to take his sh*t and to wipe his ass for him too!!